Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Archos 705 wifi, can I use this remotely

Started by squirrellydw, November 29, 2007, 11:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

Can I use the Archos 705wifi remotely?  As in not install the music on the device, just Freebox and have it find the music on a server?

http://www.archos.com/products/gen_5/archos_705wifi/index.html?country=global&lang=en
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

Thought I would ask this again.  What I want to do is be able to control freebox from it.  For instance my jukebox in in my basement but I am sitting upstaris listening to it and want to skip a song or add song to the queue, any idea if I can do this?  I think it would be great if I can browse my music on freebox remotely through it.

or is there anything like this that I can do what I want
Coffee is the man now

eist1

squirrley,

Have you ever tried the Networked Settings (Under LED Sign), using the Master/Terminal mode, which allows you to have one Master jukebox, and then have Terminals in other places to add songes and see the queue from the Terminals. I've tried using it in the past and couldn't get it to work, so not sure the functionality is still working, but give it a try.

squirrellydw

Thats what I want to do but I don't have one of these devices.  ideally I want something like a small tablet PC with a touch screen, cheap :)
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Quote from: squirrellydw on June 24, 2008, 03:30:57 AM
Thats what I want to do but I don't have one of these devices.  ideally I want something like a small tablet PC with a touch screen, cheap :)

The Terminal/Master settings allow you to have terminals that all feed into the master queue. This is good because you are not controlling the main screen. However you can use something like VNC or MSTSC to  connect to the juke and control it's screen from another PC.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

so how does this work, I just load the software on to it with no music right?  So almost any PC that I can load windows on will work?
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Quote from: squirrellydw on June 24, 2008, 12:49:07 PM
so how does this work, I just load the software on to it with no music right?  So almost any PC that I can load windows on will work?

If you just want to view the screen of the jukebox then you can use Microsfot Terminal Services to view the remote computers desktop. Or you can use VNC to do this, there are tutorials on the web how to do this. If you want to use terminal and master then that involves a little more work.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

I want to be able to control the jukebox from it and see it, just like I was in front of the jukebox, so I guess that involves the master and terminal.  I don't want to have to have the music loaded though, understand?
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Quote from: squirrellydw on June 24, 2008, 01:06:03 PM
I want to be able to control the jukebox from it and see it, just like I was in front of the jukebox, so I guess that involves the master and terminal.  I don't want to have to have the music loaded though, understand?

What you want to do is just remote view the desktop of the jukebox machine then. So if you have a PC connected to it via a network just click start and run then type "MSTSC machinename" replace machine name with the name of the juekbox. If that doesn't work you can always intall VNC on both machines and use that.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

sweet, any idea what the performance would be like over a wireless network?

any idea if MSTSC is install on TINYXP?
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

So I might try this tonight from my laptop and connect to my jukebox which are both running TINYXP.  Is there anything else I need to know other than "start and run then type "MSTSC machinename"??  Anyone know of any good step by step instructions?
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

thats the kind of step by step I like, I will let you know how it works out
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

OK this worked but.......when I connect the music stops and plays through the laptop not my PC that is connected to my stereo, any idea how to fix this?  If I can it will be perfect
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

figured it out, it was a setting in remote desktop.   now to find a cheap touch screen tablet PC type thing that will work for this.

anyone have any ideas.  the archos thing won't work
Coffee is the man now