Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config6-Alpha

Started by spudgunman, May 14, 2008, 10:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James77

I really do not have problems with MP3's, especially when they are encoded at 320.  I just prefer ( I am a little anal retentive) to have bit for bit archival wav files from my cd's.  I have my entire collection ripped in wav files, just trying to get everything straitened out with the touch screen jukebox.  Hopefully the Config 6 will offer slightly better tagging options (you would need this even if going to video files, I have some that have to be tagged manually as well).

Barcrest

The tagging process should be completed before building the library really. This is what i do and i only build the library against things i know i have tagged.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

James77

Yeah, that is the way I did it on my previous library.  Maybe they can update the current tagger? It is just you have to go album by album (that is fine, once it is tagged its tagged 8) ), and it tends to leave off the last track occasionally, and is not good with titles with a "." in them, as well as a few others.  It would be nice to be able to tag all the album at once using the directory structure and folder names, instead of going album by album (if it was possible, I have over 1,000 albums to tag).

Barcrest

So really what you are saying is you would like the beta tagger to be improved to go through and tag it all... Damn i could do this but like i said i lost the source code. Hmmm maybe i can add auto tagging of WAV, MPG, AVI etc to config 3... Hmm something to think about.

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Quote from: James77 on July 16, 2008, 05:04:12 PM
It would be nice to be able to tag all the album at once using the directory structure and folder names
Have you ever used Tag & Rename??  You can do just that, create the tags from the folder structure and filenames.

FJ

Barcrest

Not for wav files he can't.. He is using the beta tagger.

Jukebox Stats...

James77

That would be kick ass if it could be improved.  So there is no way to improve the current beta tagger without the source code?

Barcrest

Not really no, i will see what i can do with it.

Jukebox Stats...

James77

Barry,
Just wondering if you had a chance to look at the current tagger/options.

Thanks  :)

Barcrest

I have not had chance to update the beta tagger or even work on it. However i am ploughing all my time into the config 4 so i might as well see if i can add code to that to tag the video files for you automatically through that somehow.

I keep hearing issues and i want the app to be more bug free and user friendly before adding new features, the new config 4 i have now has the option to download missing album art. I am still tweaking this and improving the usability of it. The next release should nicer on the config/set up front so just bear with me on this.

Jukebox Stats...

James77

No problem, you are great at improving and updating the software.  How come we went from Config 3 to Config 6 now back to Config 4?  I am just a little confused :)

Congui

Any chance the config 4 will read the "Album Artist" tag someday?

Cheers.

Barcrest

Quote from: Congui on August 06, 2008, 03:18:23 PM
Any chance the config 4 will read the "Album Artist" tag someday?

Cheers.

Not any time soon, sorry.

Jukebox Stats...