Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

bit o help for the skin tool

Started by mmalficia, August 18, 2008, 07:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmalficia

believe it or not I'm working on a few skins  for the transparency stuff now that i got a system working :>

but im running into a few "issues" with the skin tool im hoping some pro's  can help me out with.

so heres my list atm :> 

the slider     i can resize it  (the bar part)    and  change the button styles part  but is there a way to offset the button  so its not  in the  top left corner?  (im looking to have a "centered button but offset the text "  so you finger isn't covering the  label .. but  i cant seem to  move the button  or  adjust anything other than the color  of the text from the skin tool.    and

Slider Config
Slider
\images\search_blank.jpg
Slider Config
Slider

im semi lost on that ini section to start editing it by hand  ..

button styles   playing with them  Ive garnered that the first dropdown is  preset shapes   whats the second dropdown ?    and  can i just use 0 0 or whatever to just use  my own images for everything ?

right now  as far as the cover file Ive just been editing everything by hand    since i seem to crash the skin tool when using the  auto positioning features, guess I'm asking  is there a better way aside from just using  a calculator and my head  ? 

think that's it for now aside from what are the defacto standard  buttons  needed on the main page  ?  right now i just ripped  what  black and blue had   but  am i missing anything  then ? 

thanks sorry for askin so many questions. ;)~

Mmal

eist1

If you are trying to move the button around, you first need to make the slider column wider, then the button will move inside of it. In the skin tool click on the slider bar and change the height and width to waht you want and the button will move inside of it. Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to offset the text, as it is hard coded to be centered in the button.

Barcrest

Yes the text is hard coded to the center of the button. You could trick it by making the button quite wide and making the image only 1/3rd of that width but i don't know how good it would look. I have several bugs reported to fix in config4 and a couple in the main app. Once i have those sorted i will consider the config done for the time being (New features on hold right now) and i will be taking a look at the skintool as i need to get the history screen fixed up. I might be making some other changes that will help making skins easier....
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Ashman

Resurrecting an old thread here...

I'm playing with the "style" drop-downs too and I can't figure out for the life of me what they do, if anything...

Anyone have any insight?

Also, how do I control which items are on top and which ones are on the bottom?  It would be great if there was a right-click menu to do a "bring to front" "send to back" like in PowerPoint for example...

For that matter, it would be great if there was a right-click menu to handle all of the possible options, but I'm sure that's a large order.

As a side note, does anyone with any experience have any field descriptions for the ini files?  I suppose I could change the values one-by-one and see what changed in E-touch, but what a PITA...
If it runs on electricity, I've taken it apart...

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

QuoteI'm playing with the "style" drop-downs too and I can't figure out for the life of me what they do, if anything...
This is referring to the button style your working on. Etc. picture, text, outline and blending to the background.