Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Good FREE WMP Vis Plugin

Started by d78, September 10, 2008, 01:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d78

http://www.visolu.com/TwistedPixel/index.htm

Best one I have found for free. Closest thing you will probably find to milkdrop for WMP. Shows the song title (for a sec). Runs very fast.

Try it out!

-D78

eist1

d78,

Thanks for the link, really cool vis's... I was jammin to some AC/DC Razor's Edge and it went really well with the vis. I was wondering if there was a way to choose a specific vis, as it currently randomly chooses them, there were some pretty cool ones I'd like to have full time. Thanks Again

bzpilot

Although not free (it costs $20) i prefer G-Force: http://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/

The newest version will actually now display album art (I believe the album art must be embeded in the mp3, if you don't currently have album art embeded into your mp3's search this forum for how to do this with a program called Media Monkey), song title, and album along with with 100s of different visualizations.

Works great with Freebox.

d78

Quote from: eist1 on September 11, 2008, 06:03:44 AM
d78,

Thanks for the link, really cool vis's... I was jammin to some AC/DC Razor's Edge and it went really well with the vis. I was wondering if there was a way to choose a specific vis, as it currently randomly chooses them, there were some pretty cool ones I'd like to have full time. Thanks Again

I'm not sure. You might want to look at the docs that come with it.

If you look in the program folder, you'll see a folder that seems to be full of VBS files. I think this what it randomly shuffles through for the different effects. I bet if you want just a certain one, you could just move the others to another folder. I haven't tried this so don't hold me to it.

I also noticed it came with a program to convert milkdrop to vbs files Twisted can use. That might be cool.

Sparky23

I also use G-Force. You can fully customize it to use whatever visual you like. So if you like a certain visual it will only use that one. There are tons of them to choose from also. I use my jukebox all the time and I still see visuals that I haven't seen before. 

d78

I like G-force too. But this TwistedPixel Vis is a little more resource friendly. Slower machines could use this as an alternative if G-force doesn't work well. Plus it's free!