Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Network Storage

Started by BigLa, October 09, 2008, 08:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLa

I plan to set up a NAS server in my house to centralize my data. My assumption is that if the Freebox system can see my network shares, all should be golden. I assume this is the case, but just wanted to confirm that Freebox didn't have an issue with networked storage before I actually built the server.

Thanks.

netcat

as long as you MAP a DRIVE

it will work fine

only potential problem is access speed, id recommend gigabit (if cabled) or 802.11N (If Wireless)

BigLa

kizer

Yeah speed is the only issue. Since it has to grab images each time you flip a page it might be a little slower. Make sure your running it wired opposed to wireless because I saw a little speed decrease running it over the wireless. I was on G opposed to N so that could make a difference.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

I used 100mb cabled and it was fine. Wireless however just doesn't seem to cut it even using N, but YMMV
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

BigLa

I was originally going to run it wireless for convenience, but in the end I decided to take everyone's advice and go wired. I knew that was the best bet all along, but it just creates more work.

kizer

Haha, I have tons of wireless in my house except my Jukebox because even thou its fast theres just enough lag that drives me bonkers. ;)

Just enough lag that when I first starting Freebox I almost scrapped the project until I stored files locally and realized man it was me not the software.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)