Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Couple questions

Started by DarcSystems, November 24, 2009, 08:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarcSystems

I just skimmed through, but before I spend like 10 hours looking for a setting, is there a way to pull album cover info from the file tags instead of a physical image file? Also, is there a way to combine compilation albums, or box sets? I have the ABBA collection, for instance, as my first albums that show up, and the set has like 10 albums all with the same cover.

Also, with the top 100 billboard chart, are those downloadable? Or are they just for reference? What's the difference between the ones that say HEY and the ones with the arrow floating about? Neither of them seemed to be clickable in the demo version.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get familiar with it. I've tried lots of jukebox software over the last year, and this seems to have almost exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks

bzpilot

Yes you need to play around with it further but it will take awhile to figure out everything this jukebox software can do.....

Most people DO NOT combine compilations.  They just have the multiple albums, but if you want to you need to put all the tracks under the same album file directory and make sure the albums names are identical within the tag.  Once they are physically in the same directory and their tags for album are identical they will show under the same album.  Either way you'll either end up paging through all the tracks on the track listing page or through the albums then tracks - it's just as easy either way especially with "Album Quick Jumps".  Just remember some people are going to be used to knowing what track is on a certain album and if you start combining all multiple album sets this will take away from that.  

The Top 100 Chart is NOT downloadable.  It is a Chart that E-Touch compares against your existing music.  If your existing database of music has a song that is on the chart it will show up as highlighted and you will be able to click on it and play it.  That is how all the charts work.  "HEY" actually says "NEW" and the other other arrow buttons just represent how the song has moved from the previous month on the chart list - New, Up, Down, or remained in the same position: from last month.  They are working on changing those small pictures a little to make them more obvious.

"Is there a way to pull albumcover infoe from the file tags instead of the physical image file?" - not sure what you mean or what you're wanting to do could you explain better.

DarcSystems

Sweet, thanks for the quick response.

As far as album art, I mean pulling the album art from id3 tag, instead of looking for a file called cover.jpg in the albums directory to display on the album list screen. All my MP3's (upwards of 80,000 of them) are tagged with album art, but I don't have the physical cover art file in the directory, just in the tags. I could put all the album art files in there, but that would take me a month to do. Most jukebox software I've come across gives you the option to gather the art from the ID3 tag, and use a cover art image in the directory if there's no album art tagged.

I'm not very good at explaining things. Forgive me. :)

bzpilot

Now I understand what you're asking.  The quick answer is no, E-touch has no way of using the embeded album art.  The long answer is if you already have the album art embeded 99.9% of the work is done and even if you have 80,000 tracks you're only a few minutes away from having what you need.

There are a few different automated ways to extract the album art images from the tags.  Your best bet is to extract a copy and leave the image also embeded, this is what is typically done.

Here is a topic that should point you in the right direction:
http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=68.0

Once extracted the best way to run E-Touch it is to have have a cover.jpg around the size of 500x500, and a coversmall.jpg at 170x170.  This will allow you the best looking images and the smoothest operation paging through E-Touch.  E-touch will use the smaller images on the pages where there are numerous cover art images (like the main album page) this way it will load quicker and page through quicker.  Then on pages where there is only one album art displayed like the Track Listing page or now playing screen it will use the larger image.

If you have more questions you can't find the answers to stop back here.

mr_doles

As far as the charts go there is a GREAT tutorial here in the Tutorials section that explains how to use this.  It helped me out alot.

Barcrest

Thanks for dealing with this guys.  :beer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...