Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Quick way to extract album art from ID3 Tags

Started by bwbates69, March 11, 2007, 11:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwbates69

I remember seeing this on the old boards, however I forgot to write it down.  I have a fairly large collection of albums which are all tagged with cover art via iTunes.  However with Freebox of course you need to extract these images and put them in the same directory as the album.  Does anybody know of any program that can parse through your music directory structure, pull out the album art image and then save it with a default filename in that same directory?  Been googling for one but I just keep coming across programs to put album art in your MP3 tags or the program is designed to just save each file one at a time(which for me would take awhile).

Other then that, it is a great program.

Thanks!

draginit

i think "tag and rename" does that...theres a checkbox on the lower right corner where the image shows when using the look up tag information option within that program..   the checkbox lets you either save it as a seperate jpeg in the folder or as part of the tag.. i didnt use that feature so im just going off memory..hope it helps
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

bwbates69

Thanks I will check it out.  Though when I had Tag&Rename on the trial period I don't remember if it allowed me to do batch jobs of this sort(course I may have missed it).

bwbates69

Thanks draginit

Tag&Rename did have an option to extract the ID3 tag cover art and saves it to a folder.jpg by parsing my music/album tree.  This will save me a bunch of time compared ot extracting them manually.

d78

MediaMonkey along with two additional scripts found here called Batch Art Finder and Album Art Tagger also work as a great album art solution for freebox

1. Use MediaMonkey to organize and properly tag your library and imbed album art from Amazon.

2. use the Batch Art Finder to get any further missing art.

3. use Album Art Tagger to extract all the art to .jpg files in each album folder automatically. You can chose any file name mask you wish. "<path>\cover" will create a cover.jpg in each album folder.

This worked great for me. I got my library of 4,000 songs all setup and working in freebox with art for every song/album.

squirrellydw

I used this to add and extract the art from my tags.  Adding worked OK and extracting worked great, put the art in the album folder and names it for me.  ONLY works with OS X

http://www.dizzypenguin.com/automac-it/
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now