Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Windows 10 1024 x 768 Touchscreen

Started by cduvarney, December 27, 2015, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cduvarney

I would like to setup a Etouch jukebox that run Windows 8 or 10.  I want to run the v8 black and blue skin which runs at either 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 resolution.  However I don't know which touch screen monitor to purchase, since most of the new monitors come in a wide aspect ratio and higher resolution.  Could anybody here offer any suggestions?  Thank you in advance for your help!!

Mark Norville

Ouch such a big question and not much information.

1) Which Country are you in? (Different countries, different websites, different monitors etc etc)
2) How much have you got to spend? (Waste of time suggesting a £1,000 monitor if you only have £50 and a left over humbug)
3) Do you want new or second hand?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

cduvarney

USA, Preferably new, cost under 300

Thanks for your help

Mark Norville

Only website that I know in the US http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=touchscreen+monitors&N=100160980&isNodeId=1

A lot of us are from the UK, Australia and other places. I think there are more Americans on here as well, so many someone else will be able to recommend another website.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

There are a couple of skins that are widescreen, if you really want to use BnB I think there is a widescreen version available however I really recommend using V9. Maybe someone could remake BnB with PNG buttons for v9?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I could re make it but at the moment there is still that issue with skin tool where certain buttons do not size to how they should be,

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5664.0

At the moment I am downloading so my internet is crap but I shall try and find what I reported a while back, you acknowledged the problem but might have forgotten about it.

Regards

Mark

Gaucho

Hi Barry,

Is it just a matter of converting all the buttons to png? If so I think I had some software somewhere that could do a mass convert.

Gaucho

Just thought, they need a transparent background as well.

If you confirm I'll have a look and see if I can sort it today while I have some free time.

Barcrest

It is just a case of making them as transparent png files. I can then remake the bnb skin.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

In some respects it would be easier to recreate the images, but then it would not look 100% the same. If you took every graphic and then tried to cut out the background then it would need a bit of touching up etc etc.

You really need a 2016 of the same skin.

Barcrest

The best option would be if the original creator remade the original graphics as transparent PNG's. I think it was Eist and Squirelly who made it and they don't seem to come on here any more.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I would pretty much say that the graphics that they done have probably been lost by now. I will have a look tomorrow, as I need to download the skin and test it but as I said before, really it needs to be re created again, rather than a re hash due to new features being added into V9.

The thing is though, how much do you take out or include with this? It was a great skin in it's day, but it is sort of out of date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpbo-SJagQ8

I looked at this today and it really needs new graphics and a whole design change, yes you can keep it in the same kind of format, but to give one example Make A Selection logo it looks ugly now.

It really does need a 100% make over I would strip a hell of a lot out of it, e.g license agreement, volume controls, slider.

The more I look at the image from the past, the more I want to drown it maybe it is just the video as I have it on pause but that is just me I am not a graphics person, but I wouldn't put graphics underneath the text.

The other problem is going to be what skin size? You will have cabinets wanting 1024 and then widescreen wanting 1900.

Headache time lol