News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

BUG Report : 9.18 Skin Tool (Video Included)

Started by Mark Norville, November 23, 2015, 11:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Hi Barry,

Sadly found another bug where I am trying to resize a button in this case the cancel button, but instead of re sizing it actually disappears or becomes to small for the human eye at around 2 x 2. I have done a video for you so hopefully you can find the error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNWboz9avw8&feature=youtu.be just to say that this does not happen on every page, just some of them which is really weird.

This is from decades_selector_v2 there is no information for the cancel button apart from just the image

\images\white_blank.jpg
Roboto
Roboto
Roboto
MS Sans Serif
MS Sans Serif
MS Sans Serif
\images\Button - Cancel.png

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

The last 4 numbers are the image position and size. Clearly there appears to be a bug though and i'll hopefully get a fix out later, quite why it's not been seen before i don't know.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

These lot are a bunch of lazy anchors that's why, they wouldn't know how to beta test to save their lives, all what they care about is making money or some and the others don't try and skin. At some point in the future I shall upgrade to lifetime and then can start testing properly. I haven't done anything for a while hence been so long me picking this up, it doesn't happen on every page though which is what I cannot understand.

It is frustrating though as I was going great guns only to hit a brick wall again. I am on skin 3 now I get so far then bug, shut down, I still have the others raring to go but I know I want to change the designs slightly and I am always confused as to should I do this as a complete package skin or a slimed down one and do what I want.

I have even had an idea about something else, but that remains top secret for the moment, another issue where I keep thinking about is should I use it as a video jukebox or a mixture of both. I'm not sure if there is a way of having two separate boot ups is there?

Well there is an idea I can give you for free, do two versions of the software one a lite package just for music videos and the other the heavy version probably reduce the video box down in price as you could strip most of the stuff out and have it so it just rocks n rolls.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Quote from: Barcrest on November 24, 2015, 03:56:58 PM
The last 4 numbers are the image position and size. Clearly there appears to be a bug though and i'll hopefully get a fix out later, quite why it's not been seen before i don't know.

I was a bit confused regarding the font being there as really there shouldn't be a font for it e.g it is a graphic, but I did try and change the 2 and 6 as that seemed to be the size that it was putting the graphic at so I thought would give that a go.

Sadly that never worked, I have to say though that the bug only seems to be on the back button, home button, cancel what ever you want to call it, the other buttons seem to work fine.

I will be around tonight on and off but plan of action for tonight is

Food and neighbours
Supergirl episode 4
Minority report episode 9

drink as much beer as I can and then fall asleep at a reasonable time of night, wake up check my email, discover I have a winning ticket for Tuesday, pop down to Exeter to pick up my millions and then think fuck it I am just going to rent a jukebox save all this fucking around lol

Barcrest

Fixed it last night but i am just checking some other buttons. It turns out that I had that set to scale and not stretch and i also had it set to autosize. I found a couple of other buttons with issues. I am hoping I can release an updated skintool later for you with these bugs fixed up.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Cool news I have a lot more bug reports to come or things that shouldn't be happening that are happening. I will give one suggestion here that I kind of find annoying

If say for example I am in music videos and I want to search for Abba but I have no music videos for them, it shows me other artists whom have no relation to Abba and also not even included with the tracks.

You can search for artist, tracks and albums I think that it is but why not just have that so it does a global search so you type in Abba

It shows you Videos, Albums and Artist so say for example Abba video no videos found, albums these found and artist 1 found.

It is hard to explain hence videos show these mistakes and tweeks that need made.

The problem that you have at the moment no offense to any skinner is that they think inside of the box so most of the skins that have been created are basically the same and then a new skin and it is the same as the old skin but hey it's a new skin because this time we have done it in red, last time it was black.

So this is why a lot of bugs are not found because it is the same e.g each button is the same 80 x 80, hell let's think outside of the box and do a button which is 100 x 100 instead for a change, ooops a bug found because no one was thinking outside of the box.

My top secret project is OUTSIDE OF THE BOX and I will only do a couple of screens just to give a demo just to show something different. It is something that could work but it is OUTSIDE OF THE BOX.

Barcrest

I don't understand what you mean about that search. If I do a video search for Abba and it returns nothing it will bring up a screen where i can search all libraries. Are you saying you would like it to search all libraries on default?

I can add an option where you can specify the default search option of Current library or All.

The reason a lot of the Skintool bugs haven't been noticed is since moving too PNG files the main person skinning has been Coffee and he tweaks the ini files.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

The default option sounds good, as soon as this bug is sorted then I can carry on with the skinning and then I can see more what really needs doing to make things smoother. A lot of features I haven't really messed around with as yet mainly because I try and learn as I go and do one thing at a time, I have my search screen done but I need to make a minor change and that screen is good to go then.

Gaucho

Must admit Barry, the skin tool was sort of WYSIWYG, but not quite.

I have been trying to play with Coffees last skin because it was so clean but haven't a clue where most of the text and some of the graphics come from coz they are not stored as images. What am I missing or do you need an example?

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on November 26, 2015, 02:53:39 AM
Must admit Barry, the skin tool was sort of WYSIWYG, but not quite.

I have been trying to play with Coffees last skin because it was so clean but haven't a clue where most of the text and some of the graphics come from coz they are not stored as images. What am I missing or do you need an example?

All the graphics must be images, the text will all be labels. What were you having an issue changing?

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

It's on the track not found after search results where it says XYZ was not found in Audio.

I take it these must be labels then. This is the elements skin which I am trying to play with.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on November 26, 2015, 02:50:32 PM
It's on the track not found after search results where it says XYZ was not found in Audio.

I take it these must be labels then. This is the elements skin which I am trying to play with.

Yes those are labels.

Jukebox Stats...