Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Juke project finally underway! *Update - Finally finished!*

Started by dbeeks1, September 22, 2008, 06:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbeeks1

It took a while to commit to a design and actually start the project.  I have two weekends in and a lot of work ahead.
http://jukeproject.sytes.net
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."

brarrab32

great job sofar keep up the good work. ;D

dbeeks1

Quote from: brarrab32 on September 24, 2008, 03:15:17 PM
great job sofar keep up the good work. ;D

Thanks - coming from the guy that builds the beautiful Wurlitzer Bubbler replicas, that's a great compliment!
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."

Barcrest

It is nice, should be good when you get it finnished.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

dbeeks1

The project was shelfed for a little while, but I'm back at it.  I added a few more pics of the progress.

http://jukeproject.sytes.net

dbeeks1

It's finally finished.  I couldn't figure out how to post a pic in this post, but the finished pics are added to the project site.

Novalak

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Thanks for posting those up. I have the slanted face like yours but I couldn't come up with a an idea and I like how yours curves out like it does. I might barrow the look a bit.

I dig the hood ornament. That rocks. hahaha.

As well thank you for posting the inspiration shots. Man I see why you choose it. Thats nice. I'm bookmarking this for sure.

Also can you tell me what you made it out of? Is is all MDF, Particle board? Skinned?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

dbeeks1

Thanks all for the compliments!

Kizer - The sides are made of MDF - 2 pieces of 3/4" glued together (a lot cheaper than solid wood sides like the original AMI).  The insides of the curves are cut from a 1x6 pine board.  The front, top and back is 1/2" plywood.  The bezel is 1/2" plywood and 1/2" quarter round.  The base is made from 2x4s.  The molding is around the base is MDF with a paintable skin on it.  I bought it that way.  It was a lot cheaper than solid wood molding.

This is where I found the design originally (lots of pics of old jukeboxes)-
http://www.pinballrebel.com/archive/ami/afeat.htm
I thought it was one of the best old jukebox designs for incorporating a touchscreen.

The hood ornament fills the need for chrome and plays into the name of the original jukebox.  I've been calling it the Top Flite Touch.

If you have any other questions, let me know.  Hopefully I've posted enough pictures to help out.