Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Another non-juke project

Started by bluemeanietsi, October 12, 2008, 11:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanietsi

Just quoting Kizer from the other thread:

[qoute]Thanks guys. I just started this thread to give the guys that well have other intrests than their Jukes something to look at. Well I also figured that others might do their own little side project shows too.[/quote]

Figured I'd post up my own 5 year project.  I finally had the satisfaction of getting a little back from it this year.  We put it on an all wheel drive dyno about a month ago and managed to get a clean 643hp and almost 500ft/lbs from it before we ran into a fastener issue.  The crank pulley that drives the accessory belts had the bolts rip out of the crank sproket itself, this did some minor damage throughout that I've been working on replacing for the last month.  Unfortunately it did damage to the timing belt which did some damage to the exhaust valves so the head is at the machine shop at the moment getting reworked.

I bought the car in stock form in 2001, in 2003 it snapped a timing belt so I parked it and decided to complete it the way I always wanted to. 

I took these pictures earlier this sumer:

I also do some airbrushing as a hobby so there are a lot of little things in the car:

Hopefully this winter I can get it all back together and go run some events.