Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Problems with certain songs.

Started by aeroflyer711, November 02, 2008, 10:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeroflyer711

I posted similar to this a while back and if you tried to help I apologize for not keeping up (I thought I had everything figured out).  I have Computer A with all the songs and the real jukebox is on computer B which uses my home network for the files.  B has a whole list of songs that routinely have a problem in the config and do not show artist or title in the multiple album view.  Computer A is the better somputer and has a few albums with issues itself but they are different albums.  I'm lost as to the issue here.  None are VBR and none have embedded images.  What else could the problem be?  I've used a combination of MP3 TAG Remover! and Tag&Rename to clean tags, MediaCoder to convert VBR to 128 CBR and Media Monkey to retag.  Give me your thoughts.  Thanks!

Update: Computer A has problem album group C.  Computer B has problem album group C and D.

Barcrest

Could be a codec issue... You have not really said what the problem is just you have a problem... Will they not play? is that the issue? What versions of WMP do you have on each computer? Are you running plugins on either WMP?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

aeroflyer711

Problem: In the config screen the only thing it shows is file path and date added.  The rest of the tag does not show.  When you run the jukebox They play, but do not show any of the album info.

(That is on computer A, I have to reload songs on B and see if they play, I seem to remember some of those not playing, and again, B has a lot more that are like this.  I will post the B actions ASAP.)

See the pictures.

I also have the same WMP on both with no apparent plug-ins.

Barcrest

You need the tags to be V2, check this with tag & Rename... Also you need to have WMP 11 to be fully compataible with freebox V4. To check if the WMP is is the issue you can change to the old engine in the freebox.ini file. You will have to manuaaly edit that in notepad.

Jukebox Stats...

aeroflyer711

You need the tags to be V2, check this with tag & Rename... Also you need to have WMP 11 to be fully compataible with freebox V4. To check if the WMP is is the issue you can change to the old engine in the freebox.ini file. You will have to manuaaly edit that in notepad.

I will check tags tonight.  I have WMP 11.0.5721.5230.  Also, on B, the first album on the list (of the "bad" ones) makes it crash (others will too) with "Runtime error 75."

I'll check tags tonight and get back to you.  What heading will I be looking at in Tag & Rename, will it be obvious?

Barcrest

In tag and rename if you open a track you will either see the tag information or not. If you can't see it but know they are tagged they will be V1 tags. If you click the tickbox to select all there is an icon on the right hand part of the icon bar that will sync all the V1 tags -> V2 tags and you will be good to go.

If it's crashing is it just when playing? Do those files play in WMP on that machine? If not then it's a codec issue, you can install the K-Lite codec pack which you can find on betanews and that should fix the issue.

If it's crashing when browsing it may be the cover image isn't BMP or JPG even though that is what it is named.

If you have tried all that and it still doesn't work post again and we'll think of something else.

Jukebox Stats...

aeroflyer711

Ok.  Get on your thinking cap.  I used T&R to fix some songs that had V1 tags.  That made EVERYTHING on computer A SEEM to work.  Tested a few, all is good.

Computer B still has the same problems using the same folders and files: "Runtime error 75 Path/file access error."  This error IS on an album that does not show artist or album in config screen (but works fine on host computer, A).  Below are pictures of the troubled files in config screen and non jpg files.  Again, it's odd that everything works fine on the host computer but select files are troublesome on jukebox computer.  What should I check now?

Cary_B

Three things I would try:

1) Completely erase all traces of your old library build in Freebox, don't just update.  This has caused me problems in the past.  I erase the folders: Artists, Genres, & Years.  Then erase these files: records.cvr, records.rec, and sometimes another file called records.??? (forget the extension, but it is the same size as records.rec).  Then build the library again.

2) GOOGLE for the following programs: MP3Utility & MP3Val.  I run both of these programs on EVERY album I rip, and they constantly find errors that need fixing.  Since running these programs, I never have problems with the MP3s any longer. 

3) Also, get rid of all album art that isn't in .jpg form.  Erase it from the folder, don't even let Freebox search any directory's that have it.  I use a program called Jukebox Cover Manager I found on the web to download and rename all my cover art properly. 

Again, since doing this, I never have problems with Jukebox crashing any more.  Hope this helps.

aeroflyer711

I will get those programs for the future.  But isn't that that a waste of time for my existing files.  Everything works on one computer but not the other.  I tend to agree with the thinking of a codec issue but have no idea what it may be.  I also thought a network issue but it's the same songs, and they are the ones I just made all CBR.  Again, they (mp3's and art work) all work on the master but not on the slave (jukebox).  Let me know if I'm missing something and it seems to someone it really IS the files and they are luckily playing on the master machine.

Barcrest

Did you download and install the K-Lite codec pack on the jukebox machine that can't play these files?
Does the machine that can't play these files play them ok through WMP?
Are both machines running the same version of freebox?
As a last resort what happeneds if you change the play engine type on the jukebox?

Jukebox Stats...

aeroflyer711

Currently downloading K-lite.

Both have latest freebox.

Not sure how to "change the play engine" or what to change it to.

Interesting note: I tried to play a trouble file in WMP on the jukebox and got this error:

I tried another file that isn't a problem and it played fine.  I then tried the same troubled file in MediaMonkey, no play either.  Infact I tried to add one of the troubled folders and it didn't even seem to recognize it.  I have both computers on a network with ALL of my folders and files in a master file "Media Monkey."  "Media Monkey" the folder is shared on the network.  For some reason the jukebox is not recognizing some of these files/folders to be able to play them.  I can see them in an explorer like setting but they won't play.  Would MediaCoder do something to cause this to happen?  Any other ideas what may be going on?

Thank you so much for all your help.  This truly is an awesome program.  With the touch screen all my friends think it's really neat!

aeroflyer711

Seems that I did have a few V1 tags and fixed those.  The others seemed to be a networking issue where somehow select folders were denied access.  After messing with sharing permissions in safe mode I seem to have resolved the problem.  I don't know what started it or if it will happen when new folders are added but I just rebuilt the library and everything worked fine!

One last question.  To update, do you just run the new install over the old or do you uninstall and reinstall?

Barcrest

You can install over the top. If there is any reason not to it will be mentioned in the release notes.

Jukebox Stats...