Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Button and Background Ideas ???

Started by fish_boy12000, November 16, 2008, 01:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish_boy12000

I'm trying to come up with new images for buttons and back grounds, but would like some examples of what others would like also. I'm not the greatest at creating, and far from professional, but will try my best. If anyone would like to post some images of anything they would like and a brief description I will try and create something. Here's some to get a start. These are all .jpgs but will try and post some .pngs for use in updates if possible.

fish_boy12000

Barcrest

These look pretty cool dude. I think the BnB Skin would look awsome with these buttons and the backdrops changing to be more like touchtunes. You know how they have the dude on the decks etc in the background images. It just adds more life to the screens.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Yes, I also like the page with the flames on it, maybe could use the flames background for the "Hot 10"

fish_boy12000

Barcrest, thanks, I've never seen a touchtunes box in person, but if you send me a screenshot I could possibly make my interpretation of the screens. I also have a question, is there any way to turn the tool tip pop ups off, the ones that come up when you hover over the options button at least? I'm using a hidden options button and that kind of defeats the purpose of a hidden button.

eist1, I'll give it a shot, the flames on the "hot hits" button were my first attempt at making home brew flames

Barcrest

Touchtunes used to have an online demo but it's been taken down. I'll see if i can find the pictures anywhere.

Jukebox Stats...

fish_boy12000

fish_boy12000

Barcrest

I prefer the cartoon style hot hits rather than the photo realistic one... Just my thoughts.

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Personally I like the realistic one :) but either of them is looking much more interesting than other buttons we have had. I will see what I can dig up for TT screens. I found this .mov of the screens while operating in TT http://www.toonzjukebox.com/jukes/touchtunes/ttvideo/TTinterface.mov

eist1

Found this interesting screenshot while searching Google images....

it shows the buttons on the main page pretty good :)

fish_boy12000

Thanks eist1, I didn't realize BnB was a clone, it's a really good layout in my opinion.

Hey does any one have that cool little Freebox Juke Icon??? That's a great options button.

Barcrest, not to be a nag, but, if you do decide to use .png in the future, please allow them to have 2 states, unpressed and pressed, it makes for a much more interesting and professional touch, all the buttons I used in my remote all had 2 states, though some were a generic "please wait" icon, it still makes it look really polished. If you have the time go check out remotecentral.com and go to the Pronto Pro NG section. They have free programming software downloads in the files area for the pronto color remotes. The only reason I mention it is it has a really decent user interface and simulator. just grab the software and a .pcf, which is basically a skin, and run it in the simulator. Might give you some ideas on an interface for the future.  If not, no big deal, as I'm sure I can come up with some kind of work around for transparencies like others are trying using .gifs

Barcrest

Don't use that jukebox icon. That is the bose touchtunes icon and that was the first skin that got them interested. The second skin that was a direct clone of their current interface was the final straw and they sent the cease and decist. So somthing like that is ok but not exactly that if you see what i'm saying...

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

That's the look of the most current version i saw and that one we had in freebox.

Jukebox Stats...

fish_boy12000

Yikes, sorry to bring that back up. I see what you mean though by the people in the backgrounds, does give it a different look. I think I'll just keep scouring the net for some other ideas though. I pretty much have a mod of BnB, but I don't think it's different enough to justify calling it anything else. I started moving a lot of things around last night and might have come up with something else that I like, at least for a layout. Thanks for the screen shots though... ;D ;D ;D