Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New Jukebox Project

Started by Novalak, December 02, 2008, 06:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novalak

Here is my new jukebox project. Based on mountains jukebox (from byoac) it is alot bigger though. Holding a 19" screen, and much much bigger speakers

Barcrest

Holy crap, that was a bit out of the blue... Looking good there sir, looking good.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

No, the holly crap is the fact that he needs a shopping cart to hold all of those clamps. WOW
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

My just is sitting in my room unloved. It is ashame but i just end up running freebox on my dev pc for testing and using that. At some point i will get my juke sorted.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

I built mine in a Particle Board box and well never got farther than that. I guess it is in something I suppose. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Novalak

i did have one but we destroyed it for parts for this one

i need it finished by the 31st jan, my engagement party is then and we need music

kizer

Its a very nice project. I wish I had of put as much effort into mine. Some Day I suppose. ;)

Novalak

a few updates from the weekend, slowly getting there. looks like the inside will be alot different then mountains because we have such large speakers and amp among other things

so we will be putting the amp on the top part as it has alot more cooling

i need to get mine wrapped soon

mountain

Looks great Novalak!

It's fun watching you guys add your own personal touches to this design. Can't wait to see it done!

Novalak

Thanks Mountain!

The only thing i cant seem to find in australia is

1. the magnets
2. the perfirated metal (i cant spell)

great design you did, many people seem to be following it :)

Novalak

Oh i bought this for the machine

This board is intended for PC based jukeboxes. It inserts in-line with the stereo signal line going from the PC to the internal amplifier (or powered speakers). Simply plug into the 6.5mm socket for an auxilliary output to feed an external amplifier or PA system and the internal amplifier system will be muted.

might be useful when taking it to halls and friends houses

mountain

I want to buy a few of those volume controls but the guy won't ship to the US.

Search for "perforated metal" at http://www.mcmaster.com/ They have a huge selection to choose from.

Somewhere in my build thread over at BYOAC encryptor posted some links to the Rockler site where he was able to find the magnets.

Good luck!

Novalak

Problem is for the metal is the cost of shipping to australia, its almost not worth it

magnets, i will look for those! thanks for the tip

Mountain, maybe i can buy them ship it to me and ship it to you if you like

i dont know about the cost but US has a fantastic exchange rate at the moment

SOAB!!!
I cant get the magnets to Australia
* Items in your basket with shipping restrictions can only be shipped within the United States via ground transportation. They cannot be shipped by air, priority delivery services, through the postal system or sent to a post office box address.

Novalak

Last picture before i get this wrapped

mountain