Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Kizers Project

Started by kizer, February 12, 2007, 12:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

Welp no dice on the power button. I give up trying to figure it out. I have other things to figure out.

I'll update this thread after I figure out a few more things. Also I'll create a nice little step by step page linked at the top of this thread later just incase anybody wants to weed through all this mumbo jumbo ramblings.  ;D
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Don't the shutdown pc options in freebox work...

Also you don't have to mash the button for 10 seconds just hold it in for few seconds and it will power off. It is 100% a setting in the bios but it is a different bios on each motherboard so i can't really help you much more.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

I'm an idiot. Its amazing what a right mouse on the desktop > screen saver > power management > enable advanced power management will do.  ???

Thanks Barcrest for putting up with my well. DUH.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Ok, I finally decided to move my Particle Board Jukebox prototype into the house. It fits exactly like I thought it would in the house. I cut out a window and placed my touch screen monitor behind it.

As you can tell the monitor isn't exactly square in the box, but hey its a prototype and wanted to see how things fit and how things would work. Man it was a bitch trying to hold the monitor and screw it in with nobody on the otherside to see if it was square or if I needed to adjust up/down/left or right. ;)

Like I figured there would be a 3/4 inch gap from the top of the face of the Jukebox to the face of the monitor. I could cut back some extra material and install a pice of curved molding to soften the drop. Yeah that might be the idea.

I had to keep at least a 1/16 to 1/8 gap from the Juke to the screen to keep any ghost impressions on the glass so it wouldn't do odd things or close windows on its own.

This is the orginal layout of speakers. Larger one on the floor and smaller one up top.

I brought in another speaker and faced it towards the wall to see how much it would echo. HOLLY CRAP. The bass jumped up on so many levels like Im running a 15-inch or something like that. I also turned and placed two small speakers up top and faced them sideways. Man the sound went from 4 to 8 on the Bad Ass scale.

Yeah I know its nothing much, but so far its all prototype work before I layout the cash for expensive wood. I didn't shoot any details on the wood I used to surround the monitor to hold it in place, but I will. However I think I might of come up with a better method that I might try before I do it again. Trail and error my friends, trial and error.

Ok, whats up with the speakers? What or why a HUGE gain in bass by turning them backards and hitting the wall?

jonfinpausa

Dood !! I love your Box !  ;D I think it has charactor. :D

Im wondering how the heck your going to mount your touch screen, and I have to agree the vacume cleaner style tower speakers ROCK !

Please do keep us posted with pics of the project.I understand how tight money can be when you have children to support.

Let me know if I can do anything to help

Fish

kizer

Being on the cheap is tough, but in the end its built by me, designed by me and if it dies well somebody else must of did it. ;)

So you like my stealth Vacuum tweeters huh?  ;D

jonfinpausa

Bro those tweeters would bring much money on Ebay !!

A guaranteed way to get a female to clean house !!! LOL
;D

The project is looking good man, keep up the good work

kizer

No update on construction since I twisted my ankle and nearly broke it. Wheew Im glad that didn't happen, but put me on the couch for the entire easter weekend.

Anyways we had a gathering and I checked the que in the morning wife and her sister had over 140 songs qued up. By the end of the evening with 15 people over it was 257 songs.

Everybody loved the setup even thou its a prototype it worked out great without a single hitch. Barcrest everybody loves the interface and I dont know how many people I had to tell check out freeboxjukebox.com. Next gathering I sware Im going to tape a piece of paper to the side with your website. ;)

Is there a way to block all Country music. hahahahaha, wife loves that nonsense...  ;D

kizer

Ok, my ankle was feeling better today so I decided to stuff all of my equipment into the Particle Board ProtoType. Everything seems to fit with the exception I need to make it a bit deeper so both large speakers fit inside. As well I totally forgot you have to have holes on the outside because sound travels a bit easier through an opening. ;) Bored and with a drill in hand. ;) No its not the final design. I was like UH, what should I do. Ah heck lets have fun.

Heres a top shot of my ghetto switch for now and my top loading CDrom so I can rip and write discs. Look to the left and you will see a ghetto switch I placed for now to have a method of turning the PC on and off.

Its fun and will progress soon.

jonfinpausa

coming along good bro !!!, Ill give you a hint on that little space where your monitor mounts against the front, I use weather stripping around the hole and then put the glass of the screen against the weather stip.Its cheap and you can even find it it different colors.Stay at it bro, its looking good.

Fish

Barcrest

You should put some lighting in the bottom so it shines through thoose holes man it would look pimp.

Jukebox Stats...

jonfinpausa

Yeah what Barry said, and maybe like a neon lighted cooling fan would be cool.

kizer

Haha, yeah. My wife hates the way the front looks. I told her not to super sweat it because its not the final design nor the final wood.

I do like the weather striping idea. I also like that black felt looking stuff that is used in cars around the e-brake.

kizer

I'd actually like something that looks more like this however with a little bit of an updated look.
http://www.thinkawesome.com/prodimages/tap0005112g.jpg