Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

4.19 Bugs and suggestions

Started by Novalak, January 01, 2009, 10:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novalak

Hey Barry

A few bugs and suggestions from last nights new years eve party

Bug 1?. When coming from the track search screen. I click on the album on the results (not the track)
I noticed that you dont have the quick links to other artist albums, it seemed to be missing?

Suggestion 1. Can there be a link in the options for the config? (if i click on the config, it should close freebox and open the config) I shell my windows and its not the easiest thing to close freebox and then remove the shell, then go to config, shell it back etc

Bug 2? Config. Once the database is built, the option to start freebox doesnt seem to work? (This would go hand in hand with Suggestion 1)

Suggestion 2. I dont know if this is at all possible but in the options, When altering the pin code, can a digit keyboard come up? Once the jukebox is running, i dont have any access to a keyboard, so if i want to change any settings that require typing im screwed.

Barcrest

Ok i have added the button for you in the options screen, It will be in the next beta...

The quick jump covers are not coded in a way that it would be esy to add them to the screen when coming from the search, i have been looking at it but i have not found a way of doing it yet. This is because the searches are carried out on the REC file and the quickjump uses the CVR file. Hmm I might have an idea lets see if i can do it.

The config bug i will look at.

The pincode digit keyboard won't be added. It's too much work when there are other ways to do it such as using a wireless keyboard or VNC to remote in across a network. You could try XP's built in touchscreen keyboard that might do it for you, i have not tried it with freebox.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

Barcrest

The config appears to work with launching freebox, are you sure you have the right path in there. The default path is wrong, i have just fixed it but you can change it and it should work.

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

lol

i didnt even notice (and didnt even have a keyboard attached to change anyway

Thanks for that

Novalak

Oh wait, i did have 1 more suggestion that the guys asked for...

This is a big one, ill pay you to out this one in!!!  ;D

Can you add a setting to restrict the amount of the same artist in the queue

Obviously this setting should be greyed out of you have the option to add the whole album

This setting should have a box to chanhe the amount of songs allowed per artist

my problem is girls seem to add britney spears, christina aguilera etc etc 10 at a time to the queue and i dont have the setting active to skip or delete songs from the queue (because it starts fights)

Barry, i love you lol can you add this in p-l-e-a-s-e

Barcrest

It can be added, but how much you gonna bribe me to get it in....  ;D

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

My free suggestion would be one of two. Remove Britney and Christina or add a bunch of yours as well to the queue and set the queue to random so it continues to mix up what you add to what they add.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...