Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

dual screens issue ...WinAmp

Started by draginit, February 12, 2007, 01:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

ok, once again im not able to get my dual screen to work..it happened right after my last update...im going to update to the latest release shortly but i dont think thats the issue.
-i used the non mp3 tagger for all videos, the karaoke has the right drivers n such, and freebox seems to recognize the 2nd monitor and i havnt changed any of the folders i put everything in,, it just suddenly stopped sending a signal...any ideas??

im an idiot, i was using the wrong ID....so now i can ask less retarded questions...  how do i get winamp to show up on the second monitor whilst playing the audio and can it be completly random.... i remember a quick thread on the old forum but didnt get a chance to mess with it.. any ideas??
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Barcrest

Open up winamp and then right click and call up the winamp options screen.

Select plugins and make sure you have auto execute visualisation plug-in on playback selected.

In milkdrop make sure you have set it up to display on the second screen

Puit the tick in use winamp and you are away.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

ok,,  winamp to options, select plug-ins - √
auto execution on playback - √
milkdrop and tic in freebox - √
..but i cannot find where in milkdrop to set it up for second screen..tons of options and i checked out the website help...is it simply a checkbox somewhere in winamp?  ..ive never used winamp b4 freebox..

-edit- ive tried every combination possible in the "configure plug-in" dual head options,(right side only, left only both,..etc) ...at best i could get it fullscreen on the main screen but it would only say line in and no album titles and seemed to play constant in its own entity....but nothing would show on the second screen...unless i dragged it over to it ???   was i supposed to detach vis window and strectch it into the other screen?  im confused...

Barcrest

Ok i just realised i missed a bit out. You need to make sure in your sound mixer you have either Stereo Mixer or Mono Mixer enabled as the recording device and you have give it a decent amount of volume.

In the full screen settings for milkdrop you can pick which graphics card to run it on, pick the one powering your second screen. If you only have 1 graphics card then you might need to do what McCoy did and get the hacked milkdrop off the winamp forums that has a fix for dual screens on the same card. You should be good to go then... Make sure it's the fullscreen settings you are using or it will run dog slow.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

right, now i have enabled stero in the mixer at max volume... i am only running one video card too... i found the article for the hacked milkdrop by searching McCoy's handle in the winamp forum and after reading the whole thing, i tried it out...  unfortunatly i still cant get it right... i think i'll PM him over at BYOAC and ask him if he'll join us here for a little insight.. hopefully he doesnt mind.
-but currently when i run it it still runs a window in its own entity, with full fakescreen and pagetearing checked in the fullscreen option.. it may be awhile b4 i can mess with my juke again..got a busy few days comin up.. :(  i am gonna keep reading up and learn winamp so hopefully i'll undrstand better and maybe i too can help the next "unforunate" thru this process ... thanks for help so far.!

Barcrest

Because i use 2 cards it's a simple process for me i just use the normal milkdrop and pick the 2nd card.... Hopefuly McCoy can help you out.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

Quote from: Barcrest on February 14, 2007, 12:40:38 AM
Because i use 2 cards it's a simple process for me i just use the normal milkdrop and pick the 2nd card....

-yep,  i may just do this to simplify things too... :-\