Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config3 not finding all albums version 2.2.17

Started by Woody, April 21, 2007, 02:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonfinpausa

BARRY,
we really need to look at these config files because they are buggy.If I add a new album to my mp3+g folder and run config to updated it removes one album for another, even thow when I had 3 albums all 3 appeared.I added a 4th and one went away and is no longer available.Do you have any idea why that would be?

Fish

kizer

Well from what I recall he said earlier that update doesn't work properly.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

jonfinpausa

OK I dont use update I actually use Generate Library.With config3 the delete album is gone and if you try to generate a blank library config3 crashes.So how do we successfully add new albums?

Kiser how do you add new audio,video,or karaoke material to your freebox list?If there is a better then using the config program then I would like to know. ???

Fish

Barcrest

Right i will work on it tonight. The problem is it seems to only be an issue for one or two people. Yes the update doesn't work but i don't even want to start that (Big Job) until the generate and add code is working correctly.

What it does right now is it finds all the album info and dumps it into a listview box that is hidden. This is the REC file that is used for searching. That part appears to be working fine.....

Then the config goes through this list and generates the list of albums. It is this part where something must be going wrong. I will get this fixed tonight..... The code looked fine last night when i looked at it but something clearly isn't right. I think i might have to make a debug version so i can see exactly what is going with your system and that will help me fix it.

I am shit busy at work and out of work which is why progress has been slow, i appologise and will do my best to get something done tonight.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jonfinpausa

Take your time Bro, You are aware that something is going on so thats enough for me.

All great things take time and there is no sense to rush it.

Have a super day and keep up the great work Barry !  ;)

Woody

Hey Barry,

I have been playing arround trying to troubleshoot this problem and I think it is coming from the Generate Library optioin. I deleted my libraries (records.rec and records.cvr) and I then ran the Add to Library option. Everything came as it used to in the earlier versions (config2) except one blank album listed first.
The only other problem is that the Genre files won't be generated when using the Add option.
This gets it playing for now.

Thanks

Woody

Barcrest

Quote from: Woody on April 24, 2007, 03:08:08 PM
Hey Barry,

I have been playing arround trying to troubleshoot this problem and I think it is coming from the Generate Library optioin. I deleted my libraries (records.rec and records.cvr) and I then ran the Add to Library option. Everything came as it used to in the earlier versions (config2) except one blank album listed first.
The only other problem is that the Genre files won't be generated when using the Add option.
This gets it playing for now.

Thanks

Woody

Nice find... This should make it pretty easy to sort out. If you use the ADD function are your compilation albums listed correctly? I think it's the code i used to work out if it was a compilation album that is causing albums to be skipped.

Jukebox Stats...

jonfinpausa

Hi Woody,

I tried to delete the two files you listed and run the config3 as listed in your post, the config crashed for me.

I even tried a complete fresh install of version 2.2.17 and ran the config3 and only got 157 pages verses 237 running version 2.2.11 with config2 on the same computer.I think you and Barry are on the right track and the project just keeps getting better.Good find woody and keep up the good work Barry !!

Fish

Barcrest

Here you go... i brought the source code to work and just used my lunch break to fix it. I tested it with folders with 1 MP3 and it now finds them.... The other issues will be looked at later. Hope you find this one ok.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Jukebox Stats...

jonfinpausa

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you da man,
Good Job !!
That did it bro !!!

Sorry you had to burn up your lunch time man, but Im glad you have fixed what ever the problem was.OK, so now can you tell me the best way to update the library when I add new albums to my library Directory.

Fish

Barcrest

Quote from: jonfinpausa on April 25, 2007, 12:56:03 PM
YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you da man,
Good Job !!
That did it bro !!!

Sorry you had to burn up your lunch time man, but Im glad you have fixed what ever the problem was.OK, so now can you tell me the best way to update the library when I add new albums to my library Directory.

Fish

That would be use ADD if you upload them to a seperate directory or use UPDATE if you intergrate them into the rest of your files. However update will probably take longer than generating a new database it will preserve the date added field for displaying NEW on newly added albums.

I should have the config fixed up a little more tonight. God i am starving....

Jukebox Stats...

Woody

Barry,

Take it easy man, don't skip your lunch or miss your pub time over this. Life is too short to worry about  something like this for a bunch of wankers like us. Just do what you enjoy doing and we we still be very appreciative. Anyway, looks like you've got it fixed right now except it adds one blank album at the end.

Thank you very much,

Woody   

jonfinpausa

Yeah What Woody Said  ;D

I think we can live with a blank album at the end for while no hurry or rush.
You have to keep if fun man, cause when it becomes work it will be WORK !

Thanks again man and Woody is right, we do appreciate your hard work even tho we are wankers we know you love us.  :o
LOL

Fish

Barcrest

One blank album at the end... WTF... Ah man... That's it i'm giving up... LOL

Ok i will have it finally fixed tonight when i get home, cheers for the feedback fellas.

Jukebox Stats...

jonfinpausa

Ok bro here is the bad news.I added 10 albums to my library and closed freebox and ran the config3 and click
update Library like you said and it came back with no albums added adn when I started up freebox I had no albums in the audio screen.
I dont get it, am I the only person who adds albums to his/her library on a daily bases? I get new songs and somertimes albums everyday !

Fish