News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

What program to use for batch update ID3 Tag Album Year?

Started by eist1, April 25, 2007, 07:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eist1

Is there a program that will batch update just the album year? I looked at Tag & Rename and it does not look like there is a option for it to do a DB lookup and update just the Album Year. I have all of my Tags correct, other than most are missing the year. Thanks

Barcrest

Can i ask why you are doing this? Freebox doesn't use the year field. I am just curious...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

When looking for a song the Album Year shows up on the Track Listing screen under Released. So if there is an easy way to update the albums that currently don't have a year, I was interested in adding it.

Barcrest

LOL You know my software better than me, yes you are correct this does show up. I could also add something simular to the genre screen that lets you pick by year if there was interest in such an option. You can populate that field per album using the amazon tagging facility in tag and rename but it can tag a while, i don't really know of anything else.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Thanks Barcrest, actually that's why I was looking at updating all of the year fields, because with 2500+ albums, it would be nice to be able to pick a year, which originally I was excited to see Decades, because I thought that would  be able to search by year (1980's 1990's 2000's). But whenever you get a chance no rush. As for Tag and Rename, can I just update the year. I don't want it to mess up the current Tags I have for all of the other fields, as they are all correct. Thanks Again

jonfinpausa

Hey BArry !!1 we might be wankers be aint sloutches.. LOL  ;D

We hammer your software and try to use everything it has to offer which is alot !!!

Great job on the config3, I know that was a thorn in side for awhile and I prolly didnt help jamming it in all the time, but at least its all fixed up and thanks for putting back the remove album feature.

Here is the link the completed 1U remote thats now in service behind my bar.It will get a workout Saturday April 28 for my Birthday Party  :D
http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forums/index.php?topic=107.45

Fish