Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Teething problems

Started by normski, May 13, 2009, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normski

Im using the free version of freebox jukebox V4 and im having a few teething problems,

firstly is there a user manual we could download?

Is there a way to delete folders from the jukebox, on my first run i accidently put system folders in ther and now i icant delete them,

i ran the software to the 30 min shutdown last night and the this morning when i tried to start it the furthest it was getting is the freebox V4 welcome screen, it wouldnt go any further, is this normal after running it for max period?

My music files are comming up as NO TAG even though i have been into the properties and edited the accordingly, can you tell me what im doing wrong?

I havent aquirred a licence yet but i will as soon as i have it running ok
any help much appreciated.    normski

Barcrest

Quote from: normski on May 13, 2009, 02:44:28 PM
Im using the free version of freebox jukebox V4 and im having a few teething problems,

Well this is the first problem, you need to download the V5 Demo, there are pages of changes and bug fixes since the last V4 demo you are using.

firstly is there a user manual we could download?

There was an online manual but that is way out of date. However the tutoria section on these boards is now building up quite a lot of the information that was covered by that and I suggest you start there. Anything not covered there can probably be found by searching these boards and if that fails feel free to post up any questions.

Is there a way to delete folders from the jukebox, on my first run i accidently put system folders in ther and now i icant delete them,

When you say in the jukebox, do you mean in the install folder? You need to clarify this a little however I suggest you uninstall the V4 demo and delete the folder afterwards then install the V5 demo.

i ran the software to the 30 min shutdown last night and the this morning when i tried to start it the furthest it was getting is the freebox V4 welcome screen, it wouldnt go any further, is this normal after running it for max period?

I have not seen this behaviour personally but like I said you need to be using V5 as V4 is old and may have issues that have been subsiquently fixed in V5.

My music files are comming up as NO TAG even though i have been into the properties and edited the accordingly, can you tell me what im doing wrong?

What format are these files in? MP3 tags need to be ID3V2 and can be set using Tag & Rename. That is the only sure fire way to tag them correctly. If you are tagging music videos then you need to use the Non MP3 Tagger which is included in the release.

I havent aquirred a licence yet but i will as soon as i have it running ok
any help much appreciated.    normski

Hopefully you can post back after you have switched to the V5 demo and let us know where you are at then and if you require further assistance I am more than happy to help.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

normski

where can i get the V5 demo from? i can only find V4

Barcrest

Quote from: normski on May 13, 2009, 03:16:07 PM
where can i get the V5 demo from? i can only find V4

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?board=5.0

This section titled Public and Demo releases.

V5.00.5 is the latest demo, the latest full version is 5.00.8 I need to update the demo before the weekend.

Jukebox Stats...

normski

cool i got freezing problemo sorted but my second monitor turns off when i start the jukebox, what can be causing this?

Woody

Norm,

Check the video\visualisations options in the appearance menu found in the options screen, be advised that you may have to reboot the system for changes to take effect.

Woody

Barcrest

It might not be turning off but just showing a black screen.

Jukebox Stats...