News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Newly Added Problem/ What am I doing wrong?

Started by Visitor Q, May 25, 2009, 03:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor Q

Here's the deal and maybe this is simple but I can't seem to figure it out.

Every time I run e-touch my albums are not in alphabetical order. So I click on the "Newly Added" button and then they all go into order fine, however then at the bottom of the screen it tells me that I have the newly added filter turned on. I had this problem before and fixed it by reinstalling e-touch but now it has come back again. I have a feeling this may not be an issue with the software but just something I am doing wrong? Can anyone tell me what they maybe or how I can go about correcting this please?

I have two other question as well... What is the difference between "Generate Library" and "Update Library"?
When I add new albums to etouch, which one of these do I run or do I run both?

I am running the latest version of etouch.

Thanks!

its-smee

When You first install E-Touch that is when you use "Generate Library", and any time after when you add more files you then use "update library".  If you are adding music and video exit config  each time after an update otherwise you will  get the music and video's mixed up together. I found that out the hard way and had to seek help from barcrest ;D    If you need to do a fresh install of the library without deleting e-touch, just delete all CVR & REC files in e-touch root directory.
Sorry can't answer first part , But I'm sure someone will

Visitor Q

Thank you for that information. It maybe possible that every time when I was adding music, I was running both instead of just update library and that is why things where not going right for me. I have delete those files and things seem to be back in order again. Now that I know the correct way to update my music when adding more to e-touch, maybe thing will be smooth sailing from here on out.  :tommy

;D

fordman

A couple of hints for smoother operation:

1) When you update to a new version of E-Touch ie: 5.0.9 to 5.0.10, always, use the config4.exe to generate a new library for audio, video & karaoke. Then update it too.

2) When you add new music, videos or karaoke, you MUST do this individually. Start config4.exe, select Audio, then Update the Library. Close Config4.exe

Restart config4.exe and do the same for video. Close config4.exe

Restart config4.exe and do the same for Karaoke. Close config4.exe.

I dont know why, but I've have been adding music this way and it works everytime when I close the config4.exe after adding to the new category. I has similar issues with my different categories not showing up right in their respective places, so I just have been adding each category individually then closing config4.exe after each one.

I hope this helps!  :beer

Fordman

Cary_B

I've noticed problems also with running operations in config twice without shutting down between them.  As fordman said, it is best to close config after running any generate or update function. 

Barry, you might want to look at this, as the config seems to not save something vital until it shuts down.  Not a real concern, just a future fix.

normski

Question for fordman,
                             Ive just read  your post about how you add your media, I add my mp3's at the same time as i add my music vids and then i press update library, even though it says media added with no probs, So when i open etouch i see my music vids STILL havent been tagged, but when i go to the music file that they all kept in i see that they are all infact tagged, so if i update my library the same way you do, would this tag my music vids accordingly?     

Barcrest

You have to tag your music videos using the non-mp3 tagger.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Read this post about tagging videos with the Non-MP3 tagger.

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=802.0

Read the last reply on the first page of the post for a graphic about using the Non-MP3 Tagger.

:beer

Fordman