Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

1024x768

Started by DaDuber, June 15, 2009, 11:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaDuber

I m having a problem switchin from 800x600 to 1024x768. when i open freebox it is in full screen and the skin is 800x600. I choose a skin that is 1024x768. the screen then goes into a window mode where i cant select savee or power off. Is there something I m doiung wrong. here ie a video example http://www.daduber.com/freebox.wmv

Thanks In Advance

Cary_B

I get this problem also.  The quickest way is to edit the .ini file and change the name of the startup skin so it loads up.

Another way is to load it up with the 800x600 skin, turn on accept keypress, assign a keypress to end/quit program, check save settings on exit (on the first screen of the config, I think.) and then save your setttings.  At this point, after saving your settings, load the skin you want.  You still won't be able to save the settings, but if you did everything above, after the skin loads, you can hit your assigned keypress, the program will save the settings, and exit.  When you restart the program, it should be ready to go.

Again, though, the easiest way is to edit the config.ini file in the Freebox directory and change the current skin value to the name of the skin you want, then start the program.

DaDuber

Thanks, I changed the freebox.ini and it worked fine.

fordman

Did you have the regular windows screen size 1024 X 768?

Also, changing the freebox.ini is the best way to go.

:beer

Fordman

DaDuber

Yeh everything was set to 1024x800, works fine now

bzpilot

In the future to avoid this take off fullscreen, then save.  Then change the resolution, then save.  Then add back full screen and save.  Or the .ini method works.

allroy

every time I re-install i have this problem.  good to know about the ini solution.  :beer

DaDuber

bzpilot the only problem I had with that method is that the save button would get cut off any time I changed it to 1024x768.

Barcrest

It's an odd intermittent bug where it doesn't resize to the correct resolution. I am not sue why that happens.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...