Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

AUTO UPDATE music ?

Started by minkiss, July 10, 2009, 04:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minkiss

Does anyone know the easiest way to auto update the music library via batch file or something? I have seen some reference to this but could not find a full solution ..   :(

ecbrad

Depends on what you mean? Copying new music to your music folders? Updating the songs in freejuke?

Brad

minkiss

yes a can put the music in the folder, I would just like to have the config4 run and do its deed every day or so on it own.

Cary_B

I was just going to try and figure out how to tackle this this week.  I start vacation tomorrow, so I should have some time to try and get it working.

For now, if you want to experiment, this is what I have planned:

Set E-Touch to shutdown at say 5:00am, make sure you have it set to reboot, not just shutdown.

Set the config file to run E-Touch when it is finished.

Start the config with a batch file/command line program, and start it in the startup folder.

This should run config at startup, when it is finished, E-Touch should start, E-Touch should shutdown at your defined time, and reboot the computer, which should start the whole process over again.  I use the reboot option just to keep Windoze running smoothly. This way, you can add music to the library folder at any time, and every morning, it will add the music automatically.

If I missed anything, or anyone else has a better idea, let me know.

P.S. when I say command line, try these and see if they work:

For Audio use.
config.exe /UPDATE records.rec
For Videos use.
config.exe /UPDATE videos.rec
For karaoke use.
config.exe /UPDATE karaoke.rec

Try that, it will load the config with the last drive path setting though.

minkiss

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but I can not get the Batch file to run. !     ???

Barcrest

post up what you are using and i'll take a look.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Ok, been playing with the idea of a Batch file to update my music, and can't get it to work.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Using this batch file:

START "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Config 4.exe /UPDATE records.rec"
Put in a file called Startup.bat, and put into the c: directory.  When I run it, it just opens a DOS window, with the C: command prompt showing.

Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE:!!!  Got it to work. Used:
start "Title" "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Config 4.exe" /UPDATE records.records.rec

Only problem is it doesn't use the saved options like running config from the start menu does.

I.E.  it starts the program, and updates the library, but none of the options I use and the startup directory are all blank.  Any thoughts?

fordman

OK Folks, I've tried this on 5 different computers and they all work

begin batch file:

del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\records.bak"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\records.cvr"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\records.rec"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\records.rex"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Artist"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Genres"/Q /S >nul
START /d "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox" Config4.exe /DRIVE c:\Music /GENRE /ARTIST /LAUNCH /NEW records
EXIT

NOTE: /DRIVE c:\Music has to be changed to the primary directory where your music is stored! I only Use the Genre and Artist Filter, but you can also use the /YEAR if you'd choose. YOU MUST place /LAUNCH before /NEW Records.

I also had to change the config 4.exe filename to config4.exe, removed the space in the filename. I tried to put config 4.exe in quotes but it wouldnt work. So I removed the space and all worked well.

The first six lines of the batch file delete the old .bak,.rec,.cvr,.rex files and Artist & Genre folders. If you dont delete these files, you will see duplicate albums show up on your main title selection screen and in the filter search.

If you add music and use the filters, it seems that you have to do a /NEW records to use the filters.

Here is the batch file for Videos

Begin batch file:

del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Video.bak"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Video.cvr"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Video.rec"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Video.rex"/Q /S >nul
START /d "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox" Config4.exe /DRIVE c:\Video /GENRE /ARTIST /LAUNCH /NEW karaoke
EXIT

Here is the batch file for Karaoke

Begin batch file:

del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\karaoke.bak"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\karaoke.cvr"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\karoake.rec"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\karaoke.rex"/Q /S >nul
START /d "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox" Config4.exe /DRIVE c:\karaoke /GENRE /ARTIST /LAUNCH /NEW karaoke
EXIT

If you dont use the filters and just want to add music, then use this batch file

begin batch file:

START /d "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox" Config4.exe /DRIVE c:\Music /LAUNCH /UPDATE records
EXIT

This will add Videos but no filters

begin batch file:

START /d "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox" Config4.exe /DRIVE c:\Video /LAUNCH /UPDATE Videos
EXIT

This will add Karaoke but no filters

begin batch file:

START /d "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox" Config4.exe /DRIVE c:\Karaoke /LAUNCH /UPDATE karaoke
EXIT

I have tried to add the /GENRE /ARTIST to the UPDATE batch file, but It will only generate 1 entry for each the genre and artist although I have added more than 1 album. Dont know why it would do it like that, but it does. So I just use the /NEW Records when I want to use the filters. Doesnt take any longer to do the /NEW Records batch vs. the /UPDATE records batch.

Also, I havent found a line command that will work for the 'Use Album Name On Compilations'

But the other 2 command line batch files work great on the 5 that I have tested it on.

Give it a shot and report back!

:beer

Fordman