Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Newbies questions on key-mapping

Started by nullus, May 15, 2007, 12:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nullus

Hi folks!
I came across freebox a few days ago and I am still very enthusiastic with the program cause its basically exactly what a was looking for. I spent ages on looking for a good album-orientated jukebox that was freely confiurable in order to run in a mame-cab.
OK, lets get into it: I have a self-made arcade cab running with the control panel connected via a keyboard-hack. For all the stuff I use GameEx as a frontend which perfectly does what I want except.... yes except the jukebox  :'(. So I came across the great freebox and this is really what I would like to implement in my cab as it is very simple to use ( 8) women friendly  :o), has a nice GUI and is in contrast to many other stuff I checked, album orientated with a graphical view of the covers! Last not least it seems to be very moderate in terms of resources it takes (yeah it's an old 1,8GHz with 512MB RAM running in the cab).
After playing around a little bit with the last public version of freebox I have a few questions:
For my keyboard hack I need to reconfigure the keymapping. Unfortunately I'm missing some keys in the "key shortcut" list. E.g. How to select an album (the "enter" key), how to switch between the different menus for example to go into the track list and select a special track. How to power OFF with a keystroke? Obviously the cursor keys are not used in the whole setup which make me a little curious. Can anybody help me with this?
The freebox.config is very straight forward in terms of creating the database. What I do not understand is the button for "edit album". As soon as I select an album from the list (after creation of the database) and then press the "edit album" the whole list is greyed out and thats it  ???
Also in the config application there is the IDv2 fields. What is it good for? As far as I understood you cannot use this as a tag editor, but also I was not able to scroll through different songs just to have a look at the tags. All in all what is it good for?
And the last qwuestion for the moment is: Is there a special amount of money I do have to donate in order to get access to the latest release or is it more or less up to me (and freebox is certainly worth a little money)?
I hope not to bother you with all my questions but I really fell in love with freebox and would like to use it for my cab. Thanks for any answer on this!

nullus

Barcrest

The config is recoded in the private releases... So hopefully it will work better for you. The IDv2 Display is just to show you the tags as it's building the database.

As for the money to donate that is up to you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

nullus

Thanks for your quick reply. I just donated what I could do for the moment and now I'm looking forward to get access to "the private thing"  ;D
nullus

Barcrest

Account updated... See the private releases thred... Thanks for the donation.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...