Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Run-Time Error 419: Permission to use Object Denied

Started by Dannymh, August 11, 2009, 12:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannymh

Hi,

I keep getting this error on various files when trying to create the database. The files are tagged etc so can not see a reason for this.

Any idea?

Barcrest

Damn, you have an old version if you are using the demo. It sounds like you have some files that are not MP3 though...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Dannymh

I downloaded it last week, can't be that old surely!

Also the file it faulted on was a fully tagged mp3 as was the one before and after

Dannymh

By the way the version I am running is 5.0.15 which was the latest in the downloads. I still get this problem, do you have any suggestions?

The Mp3 is fully tagged

eist1

What operating system are you using? In the past people have had to run under administrator in Vista.

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Dannymh

Dannymh

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

Hey Barry:

I changed some shares around so I had to rerun config.  I got this error.

So then I deleted the install, and installed the latest version.

Same thing.

WDYT?

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Dannymh

I am still getting this issue with the latest version. I get it when i run config and am attempting to build the database

fordman

I'm no programmer but make sure your ActiveX, .Net and DirectX are all up to date! Also make sure your using Windows Media Player 10 or 11. If you need to, run a registry cleaner. Think if you un-installed a program that might have deleted a .dll file.

Just some thoughts!

:beer

Fordman

Dannymh

i tried all this and verified the WMA versions as correct.

This generally means something fairly similar to "Can not find" from what I can see. It either can not find some object it is looking for or the permissions are wrong. Since the permissions are correct. I am guessing there is something somewhere in the registry or the file structure that may be there by reference only.

I am going to see if I can run it without any images and see if that helps

fordman

You may have made a typo, but are you trying to use WMA's for music instead of MP3's? E-Touch uses MP3's because of the ID3 tag. E-Touch cant read the tags in WMA's. You need to use the NON-MP3 Tagger to make tags for the WMA's or convert them to MP3's.

:beer

Fordman