Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Label to identify whether the page is Music, Video, or Karaoke

Started by bzpilot, September 01, 2009, 12:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzpilot

It would be nice if the main pages were able to identify more clearly if you were looking at Music, Videos or Karaoke.

I was thinking a Label on the main page above the "Filter By" button would be a good place.  Maybe something similar to the "Make A Selection" look would be good so they almost blend in together.

Barcrest

I could add a label, however the skin authours can use a different back drop for music, karaoke and video and that would identify it easilly.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

I'm also looking at doing some skin work.  

In requards to trying to identify the different Music / Video / Karaoke databases from what I can tell the only section that changes when clicking Music, Video, or Karaoke is the Album section "null" texture area.?.

So if I change anything outside of that area by trying to add a label (Music, Video, Karaoke) it wouldn't work because it wouldn't change when selecting the different databases?

--------------------------

I've got a ton of questions on skins in general and the skintool.  Here is what I have off hand:

1)  Currently the cover art sizes for the default 1024x768 skin are:

Album View = 140x160
Track Listing View = 440x440
Now Playing View = 414x413
Coming Up Next = 115x119
Queue Next = 85x85
Queue Followed By = 75x75
Quickjumps = 90x90

I'll assume the large cover images are only used on the Track Listing and Now Playing.  And the small cover art images are used on everything else.  So with the current default skins anything over 440x440 for the large image is wasted and anything over 140x160 on the small image is wasted.

I would think that E-Touch would speed up even a little more if it wasn't resizing so much, especially with non-square image sizes that currently still exist on the main album page. I have no idea if it would be noticable anywhere else but it's worth a shot.  Then once we have a standard sized square image on the album screen we could use that as the recommended small cover image size since it is the largest image size where the small cover is used, this way no resizing would be neccessary everytime you page through the albums it would just display unaltered.  (I know some coding changes have been done to help this also, but I'm unsure of what they are)

I would like to do some mods to the current textures and skins to get the following:

1) The album screen with square images in the range of 150x150 or slightly larger.
2) The now playing screen with a larger 500x500 image if possible.
3) The track listing screen with possibly a slightly smaller image which should allow quick jumps to be displayed underneath the main image instead of over the top of it.  This should make them stick out better and look a little cleaner.  This would hopefully also allow the slightly longer names in the track listing to be displayed (currently I have no idea how to modify the character display limit with this tool, any help appreciated)
4) Track listing with 10 tracks per page - that actually looks pretty easy with the skin tool options (thanks!)
5) I'd like to add a line for "Album" line displayd on the now playing screen underneath the Track.  Same for coming up next.

To me the current default screens are pretty amazing and about 95% of it I wouldn't change but I think with some slight mods they'll be even better.

I am completely new to this skintool and have only been playing around with it for a couple days so it's still a learning curve - not sure the limitations of it yet (like #5 above not sure if I can do that from my end without the tool being modified).

Well, that's what I'm thinking about off the top of my head.

Any suggestions people might have let me know.

Also if someone has started a tutorial on the skintool please pass it on thanks!

Barcrest

If the main skin is going to be modded don't forget we need an animation options button still.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

I can update the current BnB skins with the new buttons needed, but still need a username and password from Kizer for the FTP site. Let me know. Thanks