Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album Frame X

Started by coffee, September 04, 2009, 08:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi Barry

I can't load a GIF image for "album frame x". The skintool crashes when I try to load a GIF. Can let me if it's me doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Coffee

Barcrest

I will look at this again...

You are picking a number from the drop down box then loading in a gif right?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

QuoteYou are picking a number from the drop down box then loading in a gif right?
No I didn't. What is the drop down box for?
I've tried it and freebox doesn't crash anymore. I selected 9 on the drop down menu and I got one GIF image in the skintool. I resized and saved it in the skintool but when I start freebox I still don't see album frame x. Any Ideas? ???

Coffee

Barcrest

The number corrisponds to the album cover number, you can have a gif frame for each album and the gif cover location is stored with the COV file layout.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Thanks Barry

I'll play around with it a bit more, maybe they're hiding behind the cover.jpg's.
I can select 9 and import only one GIF image, or do I have to start from 1 and load a GIF for each number?

Coffee

Barcrest

Quote from: coffee on September 04, 2009, 03:54:05 PM
Thanks Barry

I'll play around with it a bit more, maybe they're hiding behind the cover.jpg's.
I can select 9 and import only one GIF image, or do I have to start from 1 and load a GIF for each number?

Coffee

Load one into each number, this allows different ones. Some can even be animated processing power permitting.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

coffee

Hi Barry

I have loaded a GIF image for all 12 albums in the skintool and resized and placed it in the correct possitions. I can see them in the skintool but not when freebox is launched. If also played around with a few options in the skintool, saved the changes and tried again.
The only thing happening is the artist and album names dissapearing around the album covers when you scroll throw the albums using keys.
Also, can I use the same way to scroll the track listing screen?

Coffee

Barcrest

Make sure you have album frames turned on in freebox.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

QuoteMake sure you have album frames turned on in freebox.
Thanks for the quick responds. I can only select "Use Album Frame Image" in the skintool and not in freebox config itself. I also tried the last version 4 with update pack 2 and I still get the same results.
???

Coffee

Barcrest

Odd, it should work i just looked and can't see any reason why it doesn't. You are using GIF images right? What happens when you load the COV file in freebox?

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Quote from: Barcrest on September 21, 2009, 09:59:24 PM
Odd, it should work i just looked and can't see any reason why it doesn't. You are using GIF images right? What happens when you load the COV file in freebox?

I created a GIF image(130x130) in Piantshop and saved it as "album_frame_x". This is simply a white background image in order to easily see it in the skintool. I imported this image with the skintool using the combo box and selecting 1 to 12 and importing the image for each number seperately. In version 5, the skintool has a "copy to all numbers" function that version 4 doesn't have. I have tried this both ways.
I only have one COV file in the skin.

Coffee

Barcrest

Quote from: coffee on September 22, 2009, 05:57:48 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on September 21, 2009, 09:59:24 PM

I created a GIF image(130x130) in Piantshop and saved it as "album_frame_x". This is simply a white background image in order to easily see it in the skintool. I imported this image with the skintool using the combo box and selecting 1 to 12 and importing the image for each number seperately. In version 5, the skintool has a "copy to all numbers" function that version 4 doesn't have. I have tried this both ways.
I only have one COV file in the skin.

Coffee

So you saved out the cov I assume you can see it everytime you load up the skintool? I will have to take another look at it but it all seemed to work correctly for me. I will look tonight and let you know how I get on.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

does this mean theres a skin in the makeing ;D

coffee

QuoteSo you saved out the cov I assume you can see it everytime you load up the skintool? I will have to take another look at it but it all seemed to work correctly for me. I will look tonight and let you know how I get on
Yes, I can see it in the skintool but not in freebox itself. If I use keyboard inputs to move from one cover to the next the text on top and at the bottom around the album covers disappear as you move the "album_frame_x" from left to right and down. It leaves only the black background with no album and artist name and you don't ever see the white "album_frame_x". ???

Quotedoes this mean theres a skin in the makeing
Maybe, if every thing works out. ;)

Coffee