Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Karaoke files not playing

Started by Bondy, September 09, 2009, 02:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bondy

Hi guys

I recently downloaded some karaoke files to try out on freebox, the files are sunfly karaoke ones cdg format,

I installed the karaoke codec but when ever i try to play 1 of the karaoke fles i get this pop up come up in windows media player   "Windows Media Player Cannot Play The File. The Player Might Not Support The File Type Or Might Not Support The Codec That Was Used To Compress The File"

I have opened the files ok with avg player so i no the files seem to work ok ??

Im runing windows media player 10 if that helps.

I got told to add this to notepad with the name karaoke.reg
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cdg]
"PerceivedType"="video"

Any help would be great thanks

Nic
What Dont Kill Me Only Makes Me Stronger ..... !!

fordman

In your E-Touch folder, you should see a karaoke 2.3.zip file. Open it and run the setup.exe. It is a directX file needed for karaoke files. Try that and see if that doesnt help!

If its not in your E-Touch folder, then download it here:

www.ppcomponents.com/etouch/karaoke2_3.zip

:beer

Fordman

fordman

Also, you need to make a Non-MP3 tag for the .cdg file. Place that in the same folder as your .cdg. When you run the config, only find the .cdg files in the mask.

Fordman

ajs1544

Mine has done this for awhile comes up with same message WMP11 and I have the karaoke Direct X setup installed.....I have to select the try to play option twice then it plays the track...but is very annoying it wont just play the track straight off..!

Also didn't think you needed to use the non-mp3 tagger for karaoke as the karaoke files are mp3 with graphics or am I wrong as the non-tagger doesn't pick up cdg files anyway unless you change the mask..?

Woody

Guys,

You don't have to use the non-mp3 tagger at all!
After you install the karaoke DX files just setup the association by: pointing to a .cdg file (Right click) "open with" windows media player and set to "always use the selected program to open this kind of file". Windows media player may give an error (first time) and you just tell it to open anyway. After the association is set you are good to go as long as you have propper codec setup.

Woody

fordman

You are correct about using the DirectX codec, then making the .cdg file open with WMP. But when using the config, if the mask is set up to find .cdg and .mp3 then it will only show the mp3's becuase of the ID3 tag. If you make a tag for the .cdg's with the non-mp3 tagger, then set the mask to find only .cdg's then only the karaoke files will display and be played. If you only have the mp3 part of the karaoke file showing in the song list then that is the only part that will work as that is the only part you told it to work. That is why I said the make a non-mp3 tag just so it will only find the .cdg's.

So my file structure is like this:

I only have the .cdg's show up when making a karaoke database with the config.

Fordman

Woody

Fordman,

Having the MP3 files reside in the same library as the cdg files is no accident they are both required for playback on ANY karaoke system, when the mp3 file is played the karaoke DX filter automatically searches for
the companion (cdg) file with the same name and renders the video. Therefore if E-T commands WMP to play a particular mp3 file the DX filter will look for a .cdg file. If you take one of the cdg files on your system and rename it to match one of your non-karaoke mp3 files guess what happens. As long as you keep the karaoke files (both mp3 and cdg ) isolated in their own directory all you have to do with the config is load the mp3 files just like you do your music library. You don't need to use the tagger at all.

Woody

Barcrest

using the non mp3 tagger is a bad idea for karaoke files it pulls the tag from the mp3 part of the file.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Woody,

I tried it your way with all result in everything displaying No Tag - No Tag. I dont know what or how yours is setup but if I use the non-mp3 tagger for the .cdg files and then run the config then all is well. Maybe I'm missing the boat somewhere?  ???  ???

Fordman

Barcrest

Like i said for karaopke the mp3 part needs to be tagged corretly and all will work fine.

Jukebox Stats...

Woody

Fordman,

Like Barry said tag the karaoke mp3 files just the same as you have tagged your music mp3 files.

Woody

fordman

Ok, now I've figured it out. I was getting the same result but taking extra steps. I was making tags for the cdg file only because I had the mask in the config to find both the cdg and mp3 files. So now I have it only finding the mp3's. When the mp3 plays that has an associated cdg file, then the cdg file kicks in. My error  :tommy

But now all is good and I'll have to do a tutotrial!

Fordman

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

dedos

I'm chiming in since I'm going down this path as well soon,

Does e-touch have the ability to read karaoke files as zip files?

Thanks

D

Bondy

Im still having issues with this as ajs1544 said i also have to select the try to play option twice then it plays the track...but is very annoying it wont just play the track straight off..!

I double click 1 of my karaoke files windows media opens, then straight away i get the error "Windows Media Player Cannot Play The File. The Player Might Not Support The File Type Or Might Not Support The Codec That Was Used To Compress The File"

so i click cancil but after i do that if i then click on play it works ?????

I have set it to allways play with windows media player and i have the karaoke Direct X setup installed

Any reasons why im having problems ??

When ever i choose to open it with VLC it opens with no problems at all

I dont no where im going wrong help please
What Dont Kill Me Only Makes Me Stronger ..... !!