Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

V5.00.18 Beta 09 Download problem

Started by Pinball, September 11, 2009, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I did everything you said Fordman ,and I was still having the same problem.  I was going to Shut down (My eyes are burning...) and go have a few rum cokes...

As I went into the option screen, I looked up and saw the Enable Transparancy button checked. I unchecked it , restarted e-touch and the videos now work properly so far.

I hope this does it. 

I want to get this box to my daughters college dorm as soon as I know it'stable.  I heard 5.0.18 regular was due out soon so maybe I will wait for that if it's coming ...

One of my other posts dealt with being able to maintain settings you have customized from one release to another.   If that was possible the TRANSPARANCY button would not have been checked on the Juke, as it is not checked on the test system.

I worked with a software product once that had a file caled "sysparms".

It was a file table that had system option parameters and their associated values listed.  When you installed a new release of the software or a copy onto a new system, you could just copy the sysparms file over to the new system and all your settings and customizations would be there.

I wasted a whole day today installing and uninstalling codecs, and e-touch versions trying to figure out why the videos weren't working as they are on the test system. (I assumed I had copied all the option settings and checked off the same ones on the juke as on the test system.

Now I will customize the rest of the option settings on the juke running 5.0,17 and if Barry releases the new 5.0.18 before the box gets delivered to the college, I will need to re-cusomize all the option settings on the 5.0.18 I install on the juke.

It is easy to miss one or make a typo...

There should be a way to copy the existing option settings easily to a new systemor version, without needing to write them down and manually check them off.

Any thoughts on this???

Thanks for helping me work through this video issue today Fordman!!    :beer 

fordman

Pinball,

No Sweat on the help!

I re-created the error you was getting with the transperancy issue and videos. My videos all flickered. Then after I unticked the transperancy, I has to re-start E-Touch to get things back to normal.

Also, when the video was playing with tranperancy ticked and the animation settings ticked, it took forever for the animation to finish the transition.

As far as the settings being able to be transfered one version to another, they should save by themselves. But, the beta's are different and may not contain the coding to keep the settings when updating versions. Beta's are kinda like a new setup each time one is released. I recommend you keep the last stable version on the juke and the beta's on a test machine until a new official release is made.

Glad I could help earlier!

:beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Sounds like you might be running WMP 10 when you should be running WMP11 really.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...