Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

.mp4 support

Started by bzpilot, September 16, 2009, 11:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzpilot

I know .mp4 will play through media player with the correct codec (which I have installed), but I see that the config will still not recognize .mp4 extensions even when I tried to add the .mp4 extension to the search mask.

Is this an easy change or will this have to added to the end of the list?

I see the newest non-mp3 tagger will tag them without issue, so I was hoping that it would be a quick fix on the config side just to recognize them.

fordman

It should still reconize it. If there are no tags, then they show up as 'No Tag':

But if you have 'Use File Name if No Tag present' selected , then show up in the song list like this:

If you select a video, then the single video screen looks like this:

It still finds the file, just shows it as 'No Tag'

Fordman

bzpilot

hmmm, doesn't seem to be working like that for me.

Here is what I have:

I have added some new videos that are .mp4 and have them tagged (.mp4.tag).  The new .mp4 videos do not show up at all.  I have a couple artists now with only .mp4's for videos and those artists don't show up at all either.

Cleared the videos database and have redone a few times with the same results.

fordman

Hmmm.... Does your video folder look like this or similar?

When you open the Non-MP3 tagger does it look like this?

Is .MP4 in the mask?

Are your videos segreagted in folders by artist? Years? Genres?

Are you pointing the Non-MP3 tagger to the correct place for the videos?

If your pointing to the correct folder for the videos then you should have something similar to above.

Check that out and give us a full report!

:beer

Fordman

bzpilot

Everything looks good through all the tagging. My directory structure is identical to yours.

The problem seems to be just with the config not picking up the .mp4 extension files.  When generating the video library it shows the same number of files as I had prior to adding the .mp4's.

I try to add .mp4 extension (it is not their by default) to the search mask but I notice that when I close and restart the config it is also not saved.  It seems that the search mask isn't changing at all.

fordman

Now I know the fix.

When you add to the mask make sure it's like this ;*.mp4

The semicolon must be in there. It's actually kinda hard to see.

or you can add it manually in the c:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\mask.ini

Add it like that and see what happens!

Fordman

bzpilot

That did it!  All looks good now.

...here is the interesting thing though - I didn't even have a mask.ini file!  I created one as you displayed with all the default extensions and with the *.mp4 at the end.  Now the config does recognize .mp4's.

Might be an issue that may come up again - if the install is not currently creating that file and changes in the config have no where to save to (I believe I'm currently on .18 Beta 9).  I just tried a fresh install with .18 RC1 and that is not creating the mask.ini file by default either.  Probably something that needs to be looked at.

Thanks for the help.

fordman

Wooohoo! Glad its working now!

I'll report that you didnt have a mask.ini file to Barry. This may be an error or slight ommisssion, but is probably an easy fix!

Glad I could help!

Fordman