Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New Jukebox Project by Huskyoff

Started by JukeboxTunes, October 05, 2009, 05:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JukeboxTunes

I wish I would have taken some pictures of this beast during construction but, here it is finsihed. Well, almost finished. I need to get a fan installed in the top still.

Thanks!

Drben

JukeboxTunes

I need to put the fan in the top then, i'll clean up some of the cords... should look a little cleaner. I don't know what i'll do with the plain white box yet. Maybe i'll leave it, maybe i'll decorate it with album art... who knows!

coffee

Hi

You can allways design a nice graphic and print it on vinyl and do this.

JukeboxTunes

Yeah, that does look cool. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll have to do something...

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

You should design a bracket system and mount your speakers on the sides opposed to having them sit on top. I mean its just a suggestion of course.

Otherwise I think its pretty cool looking.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

JukeboxTunes

Yeah, That was a thought I had too. Some little shelves off the sides would be nice. I'll have to take the cover off and take a picture of the inside for you guys. It's basically a fujitsu tablet. One cool thing... I added a creative XMOD wireless as the sound card (External USB, they can be found pretty cheap now), that way I can broadcast the music to a second set of speakers, have a remote for volume...etc. It works really well.

Barcrest

Quote from: kizer on October 08, 2009, 02:28:04 PM
You should design a bracket system and mount your speakers on the sides opposed to having them sit on top. I mean its just a suggestion of course.

Otherwise I think its pretty cool looking.

Inside the cab at the bottom bellow the screen would be nice if there was space.

Jukebox Stats...

JukeboxTunes

I'm out of space down there. I have the power supply for the laptop/speakers, the external hard drive is in there and the external sound card. Soon, another transformer for my 2 inch fan to vent the heat.

JukeboxTunes

Got the Fan installed today...

Top view

Here is the box fully loaded... there is not much room left. You can see why I need the fan... a lot of heat producing items...

Here is the tablet, face against the board with rubber molding around the screen. I made (bent) those brackets. They press the screen against the rubber enough to keep it from moving.

I just ordered a 250 gig hard drive. I have a 60 gig now that was/is failing. It's just old. So, should be done soon. I'm still thinking about those speakers on the side...

leeclark2612

Just a thought, but if you're putting a fan on top, why not also have one on the rear bottom flowing in the opposite direction - an air stream? also, if you sabotaged a pc case you may be able to take the hard drive bay etc and use them as brackets for hardware...looks cool! Good work...

Barcrest

You didn't really need the fan on top, one on the bottom would be overkill. I didn't have one at all on my wallmount and it seemed to work fine and that had a barebones pc in it.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

If you have a amp inside your cabinate you will need a fan or two. You must at least have good venting holes if you don't have an amp inside. PC's hate heat.

Barcrest

I didn't have an amp inside i used external speakers.

Jukebox Stats...