Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

GENRE ICONS

Started by Barcrest, October 13, 2009, 08:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Here are the ones sent by John

Here are some i had planned to use, you will need to convert these from GIF.

The might be of use to someone making a skin so I uploaded them.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

I just found a Flickr site for custom made ITunes Genre Icons that people are making, there are multiple images for almost every type of music, and looks to be ALOT of images. Here's the link http://www.flickr.com/groups/itunesgenres/pool/

fordman

Did I miss something here?

Why the genre icons and where do they go?

I havent really been payng attention to the forum other than the quick glance here and there due to my work schedule.

??? ??? ???

I checked out the flickr site, what the world is 'Math Rock'?

Fordman

eist1

The option to use icons for Genre's has been there for awhile but it wasn't working 100%. Barry has finally gotten the bugs out so you can use icons or text (like it is now) for your Genre's. It just needs to be configured in the skintool.

fordman

I shutter when you say skintool. I cant figure that out for nothing!

If there was one thing I really would like Barry to do is to make a more user friendly skintool.

Not complaining, I'll take what I can get!

Fordman

Barcrest

Fantastic, I really like the ones on that flikr site.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

I changed the default skin to accept genre icons quickly, it looks good any chance of making this the default?

Big issue for me is fixing up my genres and getting the genre images.

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Ok, been working on the Filter page awhile, how does this look? The only issues I see with this page is that the ALL ALBUMS isn't able to have an image associated with it and that if you go to the next page and something is not configured with an image, the boxes use the image from the previous page that was in that box. It might be nice to have a Generic Image for the All Albums and if a Genre doesn't have an image it also uses the Generic Image (Like how the Album Page works) Let me know what you think.

coffee

Very very nice. You're on top of it as allways.   :beer
Let me know when you have a skin with this and with the changes to the decades pages. I would like to use it as a template for the next skins.

Barcrest

copy the image not found into the genres folder and that will sort that issue out for you. Oh yeah it looks awesome BTW. The all albums bug i am aware of.

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

This is sweet and something I'm definitely going to use!

Brad

eist1

Yep, adding the ImageNotFound.jpg to the Genres folder worked, Thanks. I just wanted to get the "Ok" on how this looked before putting the work into the 1024x768 skin.

Coffee,

Can you make some Year icons for this? I tried using the years that are part of the skin, but they look bad that blown up, and might be nice to have Year icons that are as colorful as the genre icons, and can hen be used on any skin. Let me know thanks...

coffee

Hi Eist

QuoteCan you make some Year icons for this? I tried using the years that are part of the skin, but they look bad that blown up, and might be nice to have Year icons that are as colorful as the genre icons, and can hen be used on any skin.
Yes, I'll do it. I just need an idea of what you want.
My idea is to use square buttons with the genre icons in it. It will clean up the page and when you are creating a skin you simply have to add the standard genre buttons to your background.
For the year buttons or icons I was thinking of doing a set of year buttons for each genre. So if you select the "Pop" genre your year page buttons would have the same genre icon in the button. This is if it can be done. You will need a set of year buttons for each genre. I'll create some samples and post it.

Coffee

eist1

Coffee,

I don't have that much of an idea... Why don't you come up with some ideas and post them. Square year icons would be the best to fit in a frame or page if needed on any skin. A Year button for each Genre might be ALOT of buttons as I currently have 30 Genre's which would be buttons from 1950-2009 for each Genre. I would think a set of Year buttons for each set of years would be cool like a 50's background for the buttons 1950-1959 and maybe a Peace symbol as a background for 1960-1969 and then like a Jimmy Hendrix (psychedelic) looking background for 1970-1979 and then maybe this as a background for 1980-1989 that way all the year buttons can be used for any skin. Just some ideas, I'm sure you'll come up with something better. Thanks

coffee

Hi Eist

Do you have a list of the genre's we are going to use and maybe the collection of genre icons you think will work best with freebox? I like the stuff on the flickr site but I can't decide which ones. I want to start this a.s.a.p. but;
There are 3 ways we can approach this:
1- Use the same button as in the skin with text genre's on each button or,
2- I can start from scratch and create completely new genre images or,
3- Use genre icons such as the ones on the flickr website.

Coffee