Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

GENRE ICONS

Started by Barcrest, October 13, 2009, 08:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi BUZZY-Pilot

Supply me with a complete set of backgrounds(50's-10's) you like and a sample of how you want the end product to look like and I'll create set number 4.      ;)

Coffee

eist1

Coffee,

I think bz was just sending an updated image for the 90's background for Years2 as the 90's text is cutoff is the current one.

Barcrest

I have some years going back pre 1950 i don't know if i should just retag those. All the tagging involved in getting all this right has been a bit of nightmare but it looks really good which is what has motivated me.

I was wondering if anyone wanted any changed doing in the genre area while it is all being finalised. Shall i add an animated GIF to the screen so the text that says filter can be animated like the make a selection gif? It will be fairly easy to add and will make the screen look a little more vibrant.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Wow what music do you have from the 40's? Maybe a single button that says "Pre-1950" would be good then anything could fall into that. But then your tags would need to say Pre-1950 (would lose the actual year of the track). It doesn't look like the current .gif images are in the .psd files from squirrley, so if he is still around on the board, maybe he could create an animated .gif for the Filter screen.

Barcrest

Some war songs are tagged as 40's that i have. As for more animated GIFs there isn't much point me adding them if can't get any created so I suppose I will hold off on that. Looks like i can get the setup updated tonight with the latest skins and support files and make a beta to check the new set up works. We should be good to go then with the only issue outstanding being that decades/charts issue with the years appearing that i also hope to fix tonight.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Quote from: eist1 on October 21, 2009, 01:41:10 PM
Coffee,

I think bz was just sending an updated image for the 90's background for Years2 as the 90's text is cutoff is the current one.
Yes I know. It is just that I thought maybe he has something els cause it seems we are limited when it comes to the background images.
The ideal for me would be to get an image for the most important thing that happened in a specific year and use that as the background. For example use an image of the twin towers for the background for 2001 etc.

Coffee

Barcrest

Quote from: coffee on October 21, 2009, 03:25:02 PM
Quote from: eist1 on October 21, 2009, 01:41:10 PM
Coffee,

Yes I know. It is just that I thought maybe he has something els cause it seems we are limited when it comes to the background images.
The ideal for me would be to get an image for the most important thing that happened in a specific year and use that as the background. For example use an image of the twin towers for the background for 2001 etc.

Coffee

Twin towers for 2001 might be a bit bad taste. I like the genreic images we have now however i do think you are right in that each year would look better with it's own icon. However maybe we could have 10 generic icon back drops for each year?

Ideally it would have been nice to have the buttons in the default skins converted to GIF so they are properly transparent. It's only obvious when using fan art but it really does detract when that is being used... I think the issue eist had was because they have a glow around them.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

QuoteI think the issue eist had was because they have a glow around them.
Yes that will be the problem. I will gladly redo the standard skins but I have some issues with the quality of the buttons used with the standard skins, no offense. I would like to redo the buttons and maybe post a few examples so users can vote which ones they like best if that is OK with you. I would also like to do at least 5 colours.
It was the idea to redo them this week but I have to get all my tags sorted to use the genre functions. It seems it will take me at least 2 weeks. I will however release an update of the RusticCoffee skin this week with all the changes you guys made.

Coffee

eist1

Coffee,

You can go ahead and edit/change anything you want in the Default skins... I have just been working off of the original psd's from squirrley. Buttons with a carbon fiber look would be pretty cool, as that kinda looks like what you are using. If you could make them .gif's with transparent backgrounds that would even be better, as I have not had the time to go through and try and update each button. Just creating new ones would probably be easier. Especially now that I am starting to use the Fan Art. The new skin you created is very nice... Let me know if you need anything.

coffee

Hi Eist

As you propably would have figured out by now I'm having trouble with the animated images. I just can't do them. If there is anybody who can help with them the new standard skins wouldn't be a problem.
We need 4 of them, MakeSelection.gif, now playing.gif, searching.gif and the new one Barry wants to add, filter.gif.
As soon as I have a few button samples I will start a new threat. Then we just need a lot of input from the E-Touch users to choose the right ones.

Coffee

eist1

Coffee,

squirrley did the last .gifs so hopefully we'll hear from him, as he may be able to do them or give some tips how to do them in Photoshop. I'm trying to IM him now.

coffee

Quote from: eist1 on October 21, 2009, 06:44:37 PM
Coffee,

squirrley did the last .gifs so hopefully we'll hear from him, as he may be able to do them or give some tips how to do them in Photoshop. I'm trying to IM him now.
Cool. Thanks Bro.

Orc

Quote from: coffee on October 21, 2009, 07:46:06 PM
I did some buttons and I'll start a new threat

Freudian slip ?

;D

coffee

kizer

Man some how I missed this thread. Wow is all I can say. Looks like i need to install a more up to date build and start playing with some of these slicker options. ;)

I did build a new machine for my juke an all that.  :chad
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)