Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Standard skin buttons, ideas and input.

Started by coffee, October 21, 2009, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi

I've been promising to start to work on the standard skins for some time now.
I have made up a few buttons just to get some ideas going. I'll keep on updating the first post by adding new button ideas as time goes by.
It is very important to get your input as you will be the ones using them. I was thinking of doing 5 different skins (5 colours), so the buttons doesn't have to be the same for all the skins.

As you can see, I've played with some fire in the first 3 examples. ;D

Try-outs sedgested by users.
This one by Bzpilot

eist1

Really cool buttons!! I really like the fire ones. Would be good to use for a Hot 10 button for the Top 10.

coffee

Yeap, I think you had a post about it once. It will look awesome.

eist1

Would really be cool if Barry would be able to allow the buttons to be animated gif's. This would look awesome as the background for the Hot 10 button

coffee

I have allready asked him for something similar but he says he would need to re-code E-Touch from scratch. It just to much work for 1 or 2 features.

coffee

dbeeks1

Coffee, they all look great.  I prefer red and metal/chrome because it matches my juke, but any of these buttons would do.  The flames are cool.
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."

coffee

ecbrad

bzpilot

Wow, these definitely all look great!

Could you show what #3 would look like with the border as in #6 and #18?
Could you show what #18 would look like with the border from #6?

Thanks.

coffee

leeclark2612

they all look great! would look great if each button had it's own colour, say like the style of 4, 6, or 10 with the colours of 4, 5, 7, 10, 16, 17 & 18 etc...colourful is good! I especially like the texture of 17 & 18...looks cool - very liquid like!

bzpilot

Quote from: coffee on October 22, 2009, 05:42:54 AM
Here you go. ;)

Thanks.  T2 and T4 are my favorites. I'm thinking T4 would be a good look for a standard skin.

As for T2 I've got a skin idea.  I work part-time as a firemen and have some pretty cool pics I think I can make into some unique page backgrounds.  Ahhh.....I see a few late nights in my future!

Thanks again for mocking those up.

Question: On your 2 recent skin releases (RusticCoffee & CoffeeShop) did you change the album display sizes on the main page from what exists on the standard skin? (Why - because it looks like your album covers are more square than what the original standard skin which is at 140x160) Did you not use the null.jpg overlay? (Why - because in doing this it allows for a larger area at the top left of the screen to for a jukebox tag/logo)

Just some questions as I delve into the realm of skin creating.

coffee

QuoteAs for T2 I've got a skin idea.
Please create a skin for us. It sounds like you have a good idea. I'll be glad to do a button set for you.

QuoteQuestion: On your 2 recent skin releases (RusticCoffee & CoffeeShop) did you change the album display sizes on the main page from what exists on the standard skin? (Why - because it looks like your album covers are more square than what the original standard skin which is at 140x160) Did you not use the null.jpg overlay? (Why - because in doing this it allows for a larger area at the top left of the screen to for a jukebox tag/logo)
I've created all the images from scratch. I guess I made an error somewhere. Other than that there are no specific reason.

QuoteI'm thinking T4 would be a good look for a standard skin
I take it that is the first vote to use T4 for the standard BnB skin.

Coffee

leeclark2612

i agree, i think t4 would look great with the bnb skin! wish i could do skins - i'd love to be able to pull off some of the art you guys do!