Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Standard skin buttons, ideas and input.

Started by coffee, October 21, 2009, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Barcrest

T4 looks good and might work with the BnB skin.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

4 votes for T4 to be used with the BnB skin. I guess I can start with the BnB skin this weekend. Don't forget we need something for the BnR skin as well.

Can I just change the buttons and keep the original background pages in the BnB skin or do you guys think I have to redo them as well?

eist1

The buttons look really good, remember you also will need to do arrows  :beer

bzpilot

Quote from: coffee on October 22, 2009, 05:00:50 PM
Can I just change the buttons and keep the original background pages in the BnB skin or do you guys think I have to redo them as well?

The color should match great.  I just checked by doing some cutting and pasting.  The only thing that i might recommend is changing the reflection a little.  I see in T4 you have a combination of reflections.  As I viewed it in my mockup it might be a little too much.  My opinion would be to go with the reflection as seen in T1 and drop the reflection as seen in 4.  Might be easier for some people to see if you mocked them up - but to me it seemed like the reflection was a little too much and would fit in better with the current backgrounds if it was cut back a little especially on the album page with so many buttons.

The arrows might look good with a diamond plate effect.  As for changing the page backgrounds that's up to you.  As I looked at it i thought maybe having the border around the buttons replicated around the A-Z Slider area (and just have a smooth chrome around  the slider itself) .  It would probably be too much having the border replicated around all the album covers.

As I look at it just the button change is going to do wonders for the standard skin, not to mention making FanArt actually usable too!!!!

You know what they say about opionions ......  :beer

leeclark2612

I think t2 or t3 would suit bnr perfectly...

coffee

Hi Guys

Thanks for your input. That is what we need on this build. T4 was a quick sample and it has a double reflection. I will post up the new ones later today with some sample album backgrounds and sample arrows. So keep watching this post cause I would like to get your input before starting with the BnB skin this weekend.
QuoteYou know what they say about opionions ......
That is exactly what I need cause my taste is not allways spot-on.

Quote from: leeclark2612 on October 23, 2009, 07:07:41 AM
I think t2 or t3 would suit bnr perfectly...
Thanks for the vote. I was also thinking of using a bit of blue flames on the Top 10 buttons in the BnB skin as you guys proposed. I think it would be cool.
Any other sedgestions are welcome.

Coffee

coffee

Hi Guys

The first one T5 is with a reflection and the second T6 is without any reflection. I'm busy with the other stuff like the arrows and background so I will post them shortly.

A1 and B1 is samples for the arrows and the album backgrounds.

More arrows.

eist1

The A2 arrow is nice, I was wondering if you could try the blue button with the transparent ring around it like you have in the #1 button in your first post.

Barcrest

Button 4 in stead of T5 or T6 would work with B1 and A4 i think to create a uniformed look.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

I'm a fan of T5.  A smooth chrome ring around it as Barry suggested wouldn't be bad either.

As for the album background, I personally am a fan of just black.  I think the most important thing for me is that the text sticks out more than anything. I also think it makes the album art pop more.  It seems when you start to change background colors its hard to get the text to be as vibrant as it should be.

So many good options here!

I think if we can just nail down a good standard to package with E-touch that should be the first step.  Then if you want you can just offer some of your other button and/or background options for the standard skin to download after if people are interested in customizing their own jukeboxes a little differently.

coffee

Hi Guys

We had one hell of a electric thunderstorm here in Africa last night and the power was out for 3-4 hours. This means I a bit behind with this skin. I was hoping to get this finished today.
I've made the sample to show you the arrow, button and background together.
My vote are for B2. After what Bzpilot said about the background I have to aggree with him. The black background behind the album covers does look better. Another reason is skin size. The more detail the bigger the final skin so using B2 will save space if Barry wants to include this with the E-Touch download.
Eist the button with the transperent border doesn't look nice with the black backgroud but I will maybe post a sample later.
I need your vote on this and if I can go ahead and create the complete BnB skin. I just want to get the first skin off the ground so you can play around with it, then we can tackle the BnR skin and the other ones.

Coffee

bzpilot

I definitely like the look of B2.  A4 looks good too.  If you could show T7 with and without a reflection that would be good (I prefer the vertical reflection over the horizontal one, but these buttons will also look great without a reflection).

I think you've got it nailed down pretty well.  See what other opinions may pop up.

coffee

Hi Bzpilot

Here are the buttons with and without the reflections. My vote is T9.

Coffee

bzpilot

I agree T9.  The way the button is already it almost has a reflection across the whole thing.