Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Standard skin buttons, ideas and input.

Started by coffee, October 21, 2009, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi Guys

I went ahead and start to work on this skin and here are a preview. I still not to sure about the Top 10 button but I tought you could point me in the right direction.

eist1

Nice going coffee, can you make the Top 10 blue flames instead of red? I know you said you were thinking of that.

bzpilot

Looking great!  Just a couple things.... Possibly increasing the font size on the Playlist button and History button (it looks like it's the same size as the original skin but you might be able to increase it little).

Not sure where you plan on placing the Filter box but in my opinion the best place is right over the "Newly Added" and "Most Played" buttons.  I see on other skins it being placed over the albums, when really "Newly Added" is a filter in itself so if there is another filter active you wouldn't be using it and "Most Played" wouldn't be used with a filter active either.  Why cover the albums if you don't have to? - I know it's something small but everytime I put a skin on my jukebox that's one of the first things I do is move the box because it usually obscures the last 2 album names on the page.

Can't wait to see this skin in action!

Cary_B

Quote from: bzpilot on October 25, 2009, 04:15:54 AM
Looking great!  Just a couple things.... Possibly increasing the font size on the Playlist button and History button (it looks like it's the same size as the original skin but you might be able to increase it little).

Not sure where you plan on placing the Filter box but in my opinion the best place is right over the "Newly Added" and "Most Played" buttons.  I see on other skins it being placed over the albums, when really "Newly Added" is a filter in itself so if there is another filter active you wouldn't be using it and "Most Played" wouldn't be used with a filter active either.  Why cover the albums if you don't have to? - I know it's something small but everytime I put a skin on my jukebox that's one of the first things I do is move the box because it usually obscures the last 2 album names on the page.

Can't wait to see this skin in action!

I agree completely about the filter active button.  I move it down to cover the most played and newely added buttons also.  I really don't like it covering the album pictures/names..

leeclark2612

coffee that skin looks great! i'd go with blue flames too, ties
in with the rest of the skin better. good job tho!

coffee

Hi Guys

Here are the test skin for you guys to check out if everything is in order. I throw in a few features and I am excited to hear what you think about it. Let 's see who can see it first.
This is still only a test skin.

Download: 3.5MB
http://www.coinplaysa.com/skins/Black_and_Blue_gif_V5.4_Beta_Final(1024x768).rar

Coffee

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Sorry, I had a space in there. Try again.

bzpilot

Looking great!!!  Love the brushed aluminum text!

Quick work with the "Playlist" and "History" buttons - I think they look alot better with the larger font.

1) I'm sure you know the "Video" button is either missing or has issues
2) I would match the YEAR font to ARTIST and GENRE on the Filter Page.
3) Might want to reduce the size of the font on the QUEUE and TOP 10 to match the other buttons on the album page.  If you do that and put TOP 10 all in one line it will show more of the blue flames also- which look great.
4) I would see what it looks like uf you center the option buttons over the volume slider on the Album Page - may look a little better and use up a little more of the screen.
5) It might be a good time to look at redoing the the animated .gifs associated with the charts - New, Up, Down and Straight arrows.  Their quality compared to the rest of the skin is not on par.  I know you were just starting to look into the process of creating animated .gifs.  I think unanimated gifs for now would look alot better and just add animation in a future release if you decide. - hmmm.....now that I think of it they aren't even associated with the skin but maybe they should be... Barry?

Alright time to go back and play some more.....

...it appears that the Album Art Boxes are slightly smaller (or you increased the text font size) than the original standard skin which does give some more room currently at the bottom of the page.  In doing this it appears that there is less room for Album Name text under the Album art.  There currently is not any room between the Album text and Album Art on the bottom side of the Album Art.  If the Album art is light colored it makes it a little hard to read the text because it blends in together.  It might be a pain to go back and redo but it might look better having a buffer around the text on the bottom the size of what is on the top side with the Artist text.   - sick of me yet  :tommy

coffee

Quotesick of me yet
No, but you're still missing something. :D

coffee

Hi Buzzy

Quote1) I'm sure you know the "Video" button is either missing or has issues
Mine is fine as you can see on the preview.
Quote2) I would match the YEAR font to ARTIST and GENRE on the Filter Page.
If the Album art is light colored it makes it a little hard to read the text because it blends in together.
4) I would see what it looks like uf you center the option buttons over the volume slider on the Album Page - may look a little better and use up a little more of the screen.
These I will redo.
Quote3) Might want to reduce the size of the font on the QUEUE and TOP 10 to match the other buttons on the album page.  If you do that and put TOP 10 all in one line it will show more of the blue flames also- which look great.
I made the text as big as possible for each button for you to see it better. Some buttons has little and others much more text. If I would change the text to the smallest text used it would be difficult to read but I'll change these 2 for you.
Quote5) It might be a good time to look at redoing the the animated .gifs associated with the charts - New, Up, Down and Straight arrows.
I aggree and I will check if we can do something about it.

And you are still missing something.  ;D

bzpilot

Quote from: coffee on October 25, 2009, 11:48:54 AM
Quote1) I'm sure you know the "Video" button is either missing or has issues
Mine is fine as you can see on the preview.
Yes, it looks like when I copied the skin over to the jukebox it just didn't transfer the file, looks fine now.

QuoteAnd you are still missing something.  ;D

I notice that some of the buttons, specifically on the bottom of the Album page have an "animated pressed" look now when there are now pressed.

coffee

This is what you missed.
It's been a long time since you could choose your album layout. This skin has 4 COV files and here are some images.

6 Cover layout

15 Cover layout

20 Cover Layout

I'll do the changes and post V5.2 later tonight.

bzpilot

Didn't even think to check that out, looks pretty sweet!  For those of us with huge collections these options will be great.

Barry:
.....just a thought here - as to the options button.  What about implementing into E-touch itself a "hot corner" that exists on every page.  Say the top left corner and if you hold a finger on it for say 3 seconds the options screen/or password input (however you have it set) comes up.  This way you don't have an options button sticking out on the main album page.  Another option I guess would be to just make the button all black and place it in the corner to.  I think the time delay would be great so that it would never be activated by someone just trying to tap the filter button.

--- I guess currently there is never a button in the top right corner maybe that's a better place for it.

coffee

OK, I fixed the bugs Bzpilot mentioned except for the animations. I have a look at them when I have more time. Everything els should be OK now.

Download: 3.5MB
http://www.coinplaysa.com/skins/Black_and_Blue_gif_V5.4_Beta_Final(1024x768).rar

Coffee