Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Standard skin buttons, ideas and input.

Started by coffee, October 21, 2009, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Ok... How about 3 play options backdrops. 1 for audio, 1 for video and 1 for karaoke. It will load that backdrop depending on what it is showing. That means you don't need an extra label as it can be built into the back drop image. Personally i prefer the play options under the cover. Still in an idea world i think these could be more like accept track and cancel. I know it's nice updating the existing skins to have the gif buttons but i think a total new look with the popup menu maybe based on the ecast skin look.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

QuoteI know it's nice updating the existing skins to have the gif buttons but i think a total new look with the popup menu maybe based on the ecast skin look
Dude, I would never have imagined you would like the popup menu. Wow, it goes to show how wrong I can be. :D
Now that we are on the same page, I also like the popup menu and I would like to use the jump_to_letter popup menu again as well. The slider takes at least 10% of the album_view space. This would make the album_view screen much cleaner and we will have more space for future add-ons. Meanwhile I'll post up some ideas and questions around the ecast skin in the private skin section in "ECast Skin Idea" started by Eist.

The main issue is we need to vote on what is more important.
-My vote is to finish this skin and leave it like this for the moment. Then, do the BnR skin with a popup menu
 so we can iron out smaller issues while I start to create awesome graphics for the ecast tipe skin. The
 ecast tipe skin will take a lot of time to finish so in the meantime you guys will have 2 skins to work with.

I can't do all the skins at once so you guys has to tell my what you think about this?

eist1

Coffee,

That sounds like a great plan, and also what I was thinking. Just get the standard skins updated so they can be used with fanart and look good with the gif images. And then a new skin can be created, plus that will give more time to get it looking perfect without having to be pushed to get it done quickly. If you need any help let me know, but it look slike you are getting along just fine.

coffee

Thanks

The only thing bugging me right now is the "Make a Selection" animation. I've made all the images needed for the animation but I'm doing something wrong when compiling then. It works fine but the background has white spots in it. Maybe is a bug on the animation software or something.

Coffee

wlowman

Have you tried Microsoft's GIF Animator?  So Simple, it's almost gross.  I love you work.  Let me knof if I can help work this out.  I totally agree that the "Make Selecgtion" animation is the last item that would make this skin perfect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_GIF_Animator
:beer
Willie wants your MP3s

coffee

Hi Wlowman

Thanks, I have used it and now my animation is perfect. Seems there is a bug on the other software I used.

Barcrest

The background isn't transparent on that though it's still black or am i missing something?

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

Looks like he just changed the text to match the rest of the new standard skin.  No FanArt on Album page anyway.  If you were to use it on something other than a black background with another skin, yes it would be an issue then.

It appears to stay black for a little too long.  I think it would be better to fade to almost black then come right back.

Barcrest

Shame it wasn't transparent because then the one on the now playing screen could also be done and not look too ugly with fan art.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Everyone

I think this will be Version 5.4 Beta Final. If there are no big problems I will post the skin in "skin release" tonight.

Changes:
-Redo the "Make a Selection" animation. It still has a black background and I still trying to get the
background to be transparent. Problem now is when I make it transparent it fades out to white.
-Temporary removed the "Now Playing" animation and added the text to the background in order to have
fanart looking better.
-Redo all the arrows to have rounded edges.
-Changed the slider settings to remove the white ring.
-Edited the "Chart Years" background and skined the extra year buttons needed.
-Redo the volume, size and position.
-Redo 75% of the text to have a more uniform look.
-Added a new "Power Off" button.
-Added track lenghts for "Tracklisting" screen.

Download: 3.5MB
http://www.coinplaysa.com/skins/Black_and_Blue_gif_V5.4_Beta_Final(1024x768).rar

Coffee

bzpilot

Quote from: Barcrest on October 29, 2009, 11:28:40 AM
Ok... How about 3 play options backdrops. 1 for audio, 1 for video and 1 for karaoke. It will load that backdrop depending on what it is showing. That means you don't need an extra label as it can be built into the back drop image.

I like the idea.  I'm thinking if you could set it up similar to FanArt but with it's own transparency slider.  So the option would be to "Use Play Options Backgrounds", then have a slider under it.  Then you could have three files (audio.jpg, video.jpg, karaoke.jpg) of your own choosing that you could adjust the transparency of.  I'm thinking for audio I would use series of musical notes across the bottom of the screen, for video a filmstrip across the bottom, and for karaoke .....hmmm not sure yet.  This way it makes it completely adjustable from the user side. Would just need to decide where the 3 files would reside, may be just as easy to put them in the FanArt forder. Since the coding should be similar to FanArt it might not be to much of a pain to get it in there.  I'm thinking doing it this way would also not require any changes in the skins.

Thoughts?

kizer

I know I'm late like usual.

Ok, now that you have the Flames on the one button I want images on all the rest. ;) Otherwise it just stands out all by its self and it needs some friends.

I know its some work, but I think it would give the Juke some more personallity.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Quote from: kizer on November 03, 2009, 10:32:50 PM
I know I'm late like usual.

Ok, now that you have the Flames on the one button I want images on all the rest. ;) Otherwise it just stands out all by its self and it needs some friends.

I know its some work, but I think it would give the Juke some more personallity.

I did think this would be cool but it's hard to thing of what images would work.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Yeah I was at work trying to figure out which should be what. I'm thinking if we well just took a poll and let the users come up with ideas.

For instance I'll give it a whirl:
Search = ?
Charts = Maybe some lines that run straight up and down that resemble a chart
History = Could look like a book
Queue = Maybe lines that run sideways in a tabular fashion
Filter = could look like a funnel or a filter type shape
Spin on This = Should look like a big wheel. Kinda like that wheel on "Wheel of Fortune or The price is right" both Tv shows here in the US

Just some off the cuff without a lot of brain power into it thoughts. I'm guessing some images would be nicer to get the idea, but I'll try and do that later if I can. However I'm thinking the colors in the images should kinda flow with the rest of the skin. Meaning don't have a bright green button or a yellow one because it would be way off. Just like the flames, should be some what of what the rest of the skin looks like unless you add the same color to all of the buttons so they in a sense match and look like a group.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Cary_B

I agree with  Kizer on this.  Make the colors flow/match the skin.  Don't go cartoony, as this will stand out too much.  On the above picture, the hot hits button looks good because the colors match.  If the flames were yellow/red, I think it would stand out too much.  Just my opinion though.