Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Standard skin buttons, ideas and input.

Started by coffee, October 21, 2009, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

I'll start on this tomorrow and post up some samples over the weekend.

fordman

I posted these in another thread, maybe the wrong place but here is some inspiration!
These are from a skin called FUG_1024x768

www.ppcomponents.com/etouch/FUG_1024x768.rar <-- Download here

These might inspire some designs for the buttons?

Fordman

coffee

Here are some samples.

D1 - Air filter for filter by page
D2 - Chart Page
D3 - History
D4, D5, D6 - History.

eist1

Pretty cool ideas... The filter is pretty funny, but not many images to use to get the point across, maybe there is another word other than filter that can be used. Also, maybe on top of the image you could still have the name of the button but the font and location of the name can be different on each button similar to the History button that has history text on it. Because the Charts button would be pretty tough to figure out until opening it. Great job so far though...

coffee

Yes, it's very difficult to figure out what images to use but I think we need to have text on all of these buttons like in D5. I think that would be the safest option. Or maybe fade the original text over the image?

eist1

Might have an idea for filter. Instead of showing an image of a filter how about as the background have it say in large letters:

Genre
Artist
Year

And then put text over the top of it (maybe on an angle) that says Filter... The font could be different for both. Just an idea....

kizer

Hahah, I really like the Filter one. ;)

I as well like the search one with the Magnifying glass and the history one.

I see where you are going with the Chart one too, but it just doesn't catch my eye yet, but it looks good.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

coffee

Hi

Here are a sample of a transparent animation. I want to know if I can do the animations like this?

Barcrest

Any animated gif will work so yes you could use that. Nice work on figureing it out.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

fordman

Do one up in Blue and maybe Orange!

Or if you care to share the .psd's, those of us with limited photoshop skills could change the colors ourselves!

The BnR's look fantastic!

:beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Would be nice to have the seach button have an image in it like the hot hits has the flames. I think the magnifying glass would work well for that. Have you thought of re-exploring that idea?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

QuoteHave you thought of re-exploring that idea?
I did explore that last week and will try out some ideas and post it here before the final BnR release.

leeclark2612

that black and green skin looks awesome! I agree with the orange and blue request...the last set of coloured skins was a good standard set!

andowhy

How about a pink colour for any female e-touch'ers out there? (the g/f's request).