Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

equal volume levels

Started by cyko, May 27, 2007, 10:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_buck

Thanks for the advice....  I'll give it a shot....

It's been almost 24 hours and it's still just doing the analysis!!!
Wonder how long it will take to process!!!!

May the Force Be with You

Barcrest

What about the auto volume leveling built into windows media player on windows 7 has anyone tried that?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

I remember looking at it a year or so ago, but for whatever reason MP3 Gain does the job better. Can't remember what the reason was now.

Yes I can, you had to delete and re-build your library and it seemed quicker to me to use MP3 Gain. Obviously it is better to use the levelling feature from the beginning as it does it on the fly, where as I have to use MP3 Gain every time I add new music.

Risim

I use mp3gain also...never add music without it!! :beer

Mark Norville

One tip I found out for MP3Gain is don't waste your time pressing track analysis and then track gain, just press track gain straight away and it will just convert to the level that you want. It saves a lot of time as well.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

Yeah i do that. I also have the volume to 95db just for alittle more volume it is a huge diference and they come out good.

Mark Norville

A bit off topic but has any one used the MP3 Gain AAC file for movies at all?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

yes for mp4s
however I know use breakaway audio enhancer which does it on the fly and also will normalize video playback
and gives the sound a crispy bass effect
if you download it to test it out and like it if anybody wants full version pm me after weekend and ill sort it for you

ive used mp3gain for many years but since I started using this I don't have to bother

jukejohn

as I said breakaway audio normalize video and audio levels no work to do at all worth a try

Mark Norville

Just had a look at breakaway on youtube seems far too complex for what we need it for or some of us anyway. I had a look at some of the reviews for it and a lot of places only rate it one star. I am happy with MP3Gain it is free, does audio and video although not on the fly, but at least then although takes a little time, no need to rely upon third party software running in the background.

jukejohn

the youtube vids make it look scary but its not very simple just runs in background
and brilliant sound quality better then all other sound enhancers ive trieid  but
anythings got to be better then windows sound or realteck hd

ecbrad

I love MP3 Gain and will continue to use it so that no matter what I plau my music on I never have to play "lets keep changing the volume". For instance I never listen to the radio in the car preferring to play mp3's from a memory stick. When I back my files up the sound is all the same volume no matter where it goes.

I do like the look of this software for videos though. I never got around to sorting out my music video collection due to this very issue and the mix of formats I gave.

Brad