Started by eist1, June 06, 2007, 06:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eist1

Sonos Digital Music System

http://www.sonos.com/products/?tref=ghome

Has anyone tried this or seen this?

Sounds like a pretty cool concept...

squirrellydw

I have seen a lot of reviews on it and it usallygets 4 our of 5.  It is expensive but I like the idea.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

coffee

eist1

Coffee,

From the Sonos store http://www.sonos.com/store/?tref=ghome , the basic package is $1000, but on EBay I've seen it for $700-$800, not too cheap but a nice idea.

Barcrest

You know we are not a million miles away from doing this with freebox... Especially since i added the facility to use the terminal/master functions. Adding support for zones would be pretty straight forward if anyone was really interested...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Yep, that's what I was thinking, sounded pretty similar. I think the big thing is the wireless transmission of the music to each room, wireless remote with LCD screen, which makes it really portable.

squirrellydw

Quote from: Barcrest on June 07, 2007, 01:56:25 PM
You know we are not a million miles away from doing this with freebox... Especially since i added the facility to use the terminal/master functions. Adding support for zones would be pretty straight forward if anyone was really interested...

I like this idea.   I wouldn't mind having a small touch screen in a couple different room to select and listen to music.  Or just being able to control the same music from from different locations.
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Quote from: squirrellydw on June 07, 2007, 06:19:24 PM
I like this idea.   I wouldn't mind having a small touch screen in a couple different room to select and listen to music.  Or just being able to control the same music from from different locations.

Dude you can already do this using the terminal system... But they all share one queue. I could add zones so you can pick a zone and add to that queue. Actually it could be done fairly simply.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

I will check this out in a few weeks.  I havn't downloaded the last few versions as I have been trying to finish a few other projects.  July I will start the jukebox, hopefully sooner
Coffee is the man now