Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Touch stuck on corrupt file

Started by Pinball, December 21, 2009, 02:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I had people over today with about 30 songs in the queue. The next song they selected and Pressed Play in Now.

The Status bar on the main screen froze in the middle of the current song, the current song stopped playing, and the Play it now song did not appear in the queue at that time.

I had to restart e-touch.  No music playing, still 30 songs in the queue.

I cleared the queue and restarted e-touch.  I selected a different song and it played.  Then I selected the first Play it now song that did not play, and Pressed Play it Now. Again the current song Froze and I was stuck.

I shut down E-Touch and went out to the music directory and opened the album folder. I selected the "Bad" song and MNedia player said the file was corrupted.   

OK.  I can reload a good cop of the file. 

But is there anyway to prevent E-touch from freezing or choking on a Bad or corrupt file, (like just by-pass it if it doesn't play) and go on to the next in queue.

If you have 1000 albums  and get a bad file here or there, it is a shame to have e-touch just choke to death on it....

Cary_B

I use a couple of utilities on every file I rip.  Since using them, I never seem to have any bad MP3 files.  They are:  MP3Val and MP3Utility.  I had them recommended from her, so you might do a search and see if the links are still up.  Otherwise try and Google for them.  The first time I ran them through my 10,000 or songs, they found a BUNCH of problems that they fixed.  

In fact, every MP3 I rip goes through the following process:

1) Tag&Rename (correct file names, etc.)
2) Jukebox Cover Manager (best cover art) (I use an old version, it gets higher resolution than the new one.)
3) MP3Utility (check for bad files.)
4) MP3Val (check for bad files.)
5) MP3Gain (normalize volume.)

Then copy to the correct folder and update E-Touch.  Takes a little work, but I try and rip my albums when I get about 10 new ones or so, then do them in a batch.

Barcrest

I did a small guide here

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1426.0

That should help you out. I have tried to prevent E-touch hanging on bad files but it seems like if WMP hangs there isn't much i can do about it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...