Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Multiple output zones?

Started by wkearney99, June 23, 2007, 11:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkearney99

Does freebox support multiple output zones?  I've currently got a setup using J.River's Media Center 11.  It's a great program but it really sucks at touchscreen operation.  I could graft MainLobby on top of it but that's expensive and really isn't all that great.  So I'm trying to find alternatives.  I've got this gear setup on one PC that has mutiple sound cards.  Two PCI cards and two USB dongles.  All show up in Windows as a sound card.  JRMC recognizes them as such and lets me control them individually as zones, each with their own playlist.  Does Freebox have similiar functionality?  I'd really like to use this single touchscreen to flip between different zones and control them. 

I have the four zones feeding to a Russound CAV6.6 whole-house distirbution system.  It has in-roon wall keypads that control it.  Right now I use an add-on to JRMC that allows controlling it from the keypads.  I'd be willing to work on a similar solution for freebox.  But I'd need to know if the underlying architecture would even support zones before trying.  I don't really want to use separate machines for this.  I already have a touhscreen setup for this in the rack, along with the audio wiring.  That and it'd be too clunky to get into changing "screens" using a KVM or something (the touchscreen being the biggest problem).

Anyway, any support of zones in freebox? 

eist1

This was discussed a few weeks back, I think Barry might be looking into this.

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forums/index.php?topic=198.0

Barcrest

At the moment it only supports multiple machines. So you can have multiple machines all going to one queue. To offer zones would involve a big change, i'm not saying i won't add this but it's not coming in the next week or so as i have a load of stuff i have been paid to add that i am working on right now.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

justtaint

I also have a Russound CAV6.6.  Multiple output zones would be sweet and solve a bunch of other problems.