Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skin type mismatch

Started by coffee, June 30, 2007, 06:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi

I am busy making a few skins to test the "change skin by date" function and I would like to know if there is a way that I can make this skins work with any version of freebox? Normally I you change a standard skin and then upgrade to a newer version of freebox you would have to make a new custom skin again because if you try and load your skin with a new version you will get a "runtime error 13,  type mismatch" error warning. If you only change some backgrounds and button colours it not really a problem but if you change the struckture of the skin it is.
My question is if there is a manual that can help me with freebox accepting my skins when I load another version of freebox?

Coffee

Barcrest

When the skins change i make a note of it in the what's new rtf file so you might want to check that. Chances are you only need to remove the player.ini to get it working and just re-skin that section. The trouble with the skins is that as things are added or changed obviously the skins need to be updated to reflect those changes.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

Is there a file I can just copy to the new version from the old version to make it work? I normally copy the whole skin file to the next version for example finkbluegrass . The player.ini is in that file. If I remove that file will freebox rebuild it with the new settings? I will try and remove the player.ini file and see what it does.

Coffee

Barcrest

All the included skins should work with the ach release anything else will need to be updated if anythingin the skintool has changed. This is all listed in the what's new file so you need to look what has changed in relation to skins since the version you last had the skin working. I assume it is the player.ini as i don't remeber changing any other ini files in the skins recently.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...