Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skin Tool Documentation Updated Manual 07-04-10

Started by Barcrest, February 17, 2010, 01:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

I am trying to put together something to help others play with the skintool.

Here is my first attempt at something, please give feedback and based on this I will see if it's worth doing any more.

Download:
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Dude, well done this is much better than I would have done it.

Barcrest

Ok, i will carry on in this style. So expect part 2 tomorrow... Once i cover the basics of things i will go into the more indepth things like the hard coded images etc.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Quotemore indepth things like the hard coded images etc.
Wow, can't you start there. ???
Believe it or not, I'll be following your tutorial. ;D

Barcrest

Well expect a few more parts tomorrow... Also if anyone has any ammendments to the skintool tutorials then let me know and i'll change things around. Also if anyone want's something cover specifically i will do that.

Coffee - I will make sure i cover some of the indepth stuff for you in a tutorial tomorrow.

Once they are all done I will probably combine them into one skintool documentation file or something.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

QuoteAlso if anyone want's something cover specifically i will do that.
Well yes, I would like to know how to move a button from one page to another? Let's say I would to move a menu button or 2 onto the null.jpg(album) page/section of the main screen.
Also, I want to do a skin where you can always view the queue at the side of the main screen. So it must always be visible. I have tried this in the passed but it always disapear after using other menu items and you have to select the queue button again to get it to show. How can I do this?

Barcrest

Quote from: coffee on February 17, 2010, 07:49:45 PM
QuoteAlso if anyone want's something cover specifically i will do that.
Well yes, I would like to know how to move a button from one page to another? Let's say I would to move a menu button or 2 onto the null.jpg(album) page/section of the main screen.
Also, I want to do a skin where you can always view the queue at the side of the main screen. So it must always be visible. I have tried this in the passed but it always disapear after using other menu items and you have to select the queue button again to get it to show. How can I do this?

You can't is the quick answer

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Documentation updated to include hard coded filenames and more. I am looking for feedback on this seeing as so many have asked for it.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

QuoteExtended Menu Images
00menu.bmp   -   Menu Background when history button is clicked
01menu.bmp   -   Menu Background when top 10 button is clicked
02menu.bmp   -   Menu Background when search button is clicked
03menu.bmp   -   Menu Background when queue button is clicked
04menu.bmp   -   Menu Background when options button is clicked.
05menu.bmp   -   Menu Background when decades button is clicked
06menu.bmp   -   Menu Background when playlist button is clicked
07menu.bmp   -   Menu Background when filter button is clicked
Can you please explain this? I just don't get what this is about. The other stuff in Section 4 is straight forward.

Barcrest

When you click the button mentioned the menu background will change to the filename mentioned. So if you click history it will load 00menu.bmp to be the background graphic for the menu.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

page_black.jpg

That is hard coded and has to be the same size as the resolution of the form. It is displayed when searching.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Wow, I will try this. I hope I understand this correctly but I think I have it.

Barcrest

if 00menu.bmp doesn't work try adding a space so it's 00 menu.bmp

If it still doesn't work report back and i will take a look.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Oh yeah...

search choice.gif

Fanart Hard Coded...
195x.jpg
196x.jpg
197x.jpg
198x.jpg
199x.jpg
200x.jpg
201x.jpg

Displays those as a back drop for the decades/charts screens  ;D You need them in your fanart folder.

EDIT: Broken in the current release i just checked. I fixed it for the next release. It will show if you are using PRE files in the current release but not otherwise.

Jukebox Stats...

leeclark2612

This is turning out to be one of the most customisable jukebox programs! All the new stuff will get new members in their drones! Nice one BB!