Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skin Tool Documentation Updated Manual 07-04-10

Started by Barcrest, February 17, 2010, 01:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Updated the skintool doc some more, I will probably get more done on it this week due to the internet being down at work while I await a new CISCO switch. I think we have someone else working on a doc for the app fingers crossed  ;)
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Think I will need to work on this a little more to bring it upto date with the latest features.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Skin tool manual update 2015

I will say that this the skinning on this is literally a no brainer. I am not a graphic person I am not a skinner either but I will say that anyone can skin this once they have the basics, and I mean any one.

I will give you a few pointers and tips here

1) If you have brought a commercial screen or cabinet then you do not want to create a skin that is so close to the edges of your monitor. I will give you an example, I have a Hewlett Packard 20 inch dedicated 20 inch monitor, I can touch that within one millimetre and I can play a track. I also have a converted monitor where you need to go to another Country to play that track, ok so I am maybe going overboard here, but if you have a commercial touchscreen then moving to the next county,state might help.

2) If you are skinning then do it for yourself as some people not like it but others do, I am creating a skin for me and my touchscreen I do not like it but I know that others will I spent most of the day on one page and I done 7 attempts of it. I am trying to mix what I want and what commercial owners might like so that I earn a bit of money for myself. Gods honest truth on that as well.

3) I go back to point 2 if I had my way a lot of features such as bios, email track, volume controls would not be included. The volume controls yes would be better for a home user but then you can turn the volume down on your speakers, and as a commercial user then you adjust volume to suit the room, and more so you would not want someone adjusting the volume at a party and muting the sound.

I will say that the scraper from audiodb wil scrape ok, but the formatting will be wrong such as & this needs to be addressed as a lot of sogs now are Artist A & B so that comes to a programming error that really should have been been though of a long time ago.

4) If you find a bug then you need to report it, I thought that I could get past an error but I couldn't so I spent time trying it and then getting nowhee, Barry done a quick update so it worked a bit more, but still bugs.

Anyway Thursday evening and feels like the weekend night off noow I will be watching though ;)
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 10, 2015, 06:18:17 PM
Skin tool manual update 2015

I will say that this the skinning on this is literally a no brainer. I am not a graphic person I am not a skinner either but I will say that anyone can skin this once they have the basics, and I mean any one.

I will give you a few pointers and tips here

1) If you have brought a commercial screen or cabinet then you do not want to create a skin that is so close to the edges of your monitor. I will give you an example, I have a Hewlett Packard 20 inch dedicated 20 inch monitor, I can touch that within one millimetre and I can play a track. I also have a converted monitor where you need to go to another Country to play that track, ok so I am maybe going overboard here, but if you have a commercial touchscreen then moving to the next county,state might help.

This does depend on how well it will calibrate, i have converted JPM & Megatouch machines without an issue. But for screens that do not calibrate well this is an option.

2) If you are skinning then do it for yourself as some people not like it but others do, I am creating a skin for me and my touchscreen I do not like it but I know that others will I spent most of the day on one page and I done 7 attempts of it. I am trying to mix what I want and what commercial owners might like so that I earn a bit of money for myself. Gods honest truth on that as well.

I usually find it's best to make them for yourself and share, if anyone else likes it then happy days.

3) I go back to point 2 if I had my way a lot of features such as bios, email track, volume controls would not be included. The volume controls yes would be better for a home user but then you can turn the volume down on your speakers, and as a commercial user then you adjust volume to suit the room, and more so you would not want someone adjusting the volume at a party and muting the sound.

Just hide the buttons for the features you don't want. Most of it can be set up for a pin code anyway so members of the pulic are not going to be messing with a read only queue or accessing the volume controls.

I will say that the scraper from audiodb wil scrape ok, but the formatting will be wrong such as & this needs to be addressed as a lot of sogs now are Artist A & B so that comes to a programming error that really should have been been though of a long time ago.

4) If you find a bug then you need to report it, I thought that I could get past an error but I couldn't so I spent time trying it and then getting nowhee, Barry done a quick update so it worked a bit more, but still bugs.

Anyway Thursday evening and feels like the weekend night off noow I will be watching though ;)

I have no idea what is going wrong here can you let me know?

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

The problems/bugs are random I deleted the cvr files on my jukebox today I am using the same skin I done a fresh update to jukebox yet if I start playing a song, then going to years and then select a song it will not go to that album, yet on my skin/test computer it does not happen. I know the problem that you have as sometimes it is almost impossible to create the same errors on another system.

I will do an uninstall on the jukebox and a reinstall as that was the more stable system, it would work even when this one would not. I am not sure what has happened inn regards to the A-Ha album though for it to suddenly come up with random artists, but as you can see with the graphic it is saying A-Ha but it is not alphabetical which it should be on that screen grab.

I am on the razzle dazzle so I might be out of things till Monday but will type when I am soberish lol
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

If and album comes up as various it is because the artist tag for each track isn't matched across the whole album.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

How dare you insult my tagging lol I just doubled checked and the tagging is spot on as always. If I do a search for cast it will say that it is A-Ha, if I go to that album it will say that it is A-Ha, display fanart, logo and banner but for some reason it shows 01 - A-Ha - Cast In Steel I know why that is as it does show various artists as that via an album being various artists.

I'm still getting drunk so I will try some other things when I am more sober. I have only had two albums that didn't like eTouch, one would freeze the whole scanning into system.

It just seems weird that for some reason when it was a new album it showed as A-Ha and never had a problem, as soon as it stopped being new it developed a problem.

Gaucho

If you are using tag and rename, also look under additional and album artist to make sure this is correct as well as the individual track artists.

Mark Norville

Weird thing is I can find it in config 9 it has all the proper tags e.g A-Ha Album title genre just for some reason it does not show in album view yet if I do a search for it, it says the artist and album, has the fanart, the logo, banner all the stuff that it should have but just not where it should be.

Barcrest

What happens with the default skin touchgeni, do you see it there?

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I just had a look and for some reason it is showing up after foot in the mountain so basically F then C but it is there. I just can't understand why it would not show on another skin.

Mark Norville

I've sorted the problem out I just removed the database and started again, for some reason instead of having 61 pages for pop albums it was saying something like 698. It was weird though finding it on one skin but another but all sorted now, my hang over from the weekend is sort of going ;)

Gaucho

Are you running config with these boxes checked?

Mark Norville

Yeah I did this time and most of the set up is fine. I do have a couple of genres now that seem to repeat the same albums if say there are only say for example 3 albums but on other genres it seems ok.

I also ran as administrator which I don't usually just to double make sure.

One bug that I have noticed though is I have put the genre label on each of the albums but for some reason it only shows the first two I will check to make sure that I haven't done something wrong, but I have got

Album Title
Artist Title
        Genre : Pop Music

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this before?

Another thing that I have found wrong is why you click more by artist it does not show any albums by that artist it will show genre and years though.

Gaucho

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 14, 2015, 11:30:25 PM
Another thing that I have found wrong is why you click more by artist it does not show any albums by that artist it will show genre and years though.
Had this issue some time ago and if I remember rightly it was a skin issue. Works fine in the last Genie skin but believe you are using BnB?