Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Weird behavior in album view...

Started by Ashman, February 19, 2010, 04:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashman

Sorry if this is a repeat.  I looked through the forums but didn't see this issue...

I'm having some weird behavior in the Album view of the skin I'm working on.

When I first load up E-touch, it showes the 10 album covers with frames in the places where I've put them in the skin tool, but then behind them are several more album frames in random places that are not part of the 10 that I've placed.

If I go into the options and re-load the skin, the extra album frames disappear.

I have saved the cover file as a new file and if I load the .cov file in notepad, it only has the size and X/Y of the 10 covers I've placed.  I have no clue where the others are coming from.

Any idea what's going on with that?  It's almost like the system is showing the other 20 frames even though I'm not using them or something...
If it runs on electricity, I've taken it apart...

coffee

Hi Ashman

A view questions.
-Have you created a new cov file?
-What version of freebox are you using? There were a bug on a version a while back that did that. Try the lastest beta version.

Also try.
-If you have 10 covers the N.o Covers should be 9 in "File Controls/Settings".
-Delete all the other cover files in the skin except the one you're using.

Ashman

I've updated to the latest E-touch and skintool, but I'm still having this problem...

Whenever I first run E-touch, there are graphics behind the normal covers and frames that shouldn't be there.  I guess this was a bug with a previous version.

Is there something I can do to the .COV or .INI files manually to correct this?

coffee

If you start freebox and select a diffirent library does those graphics disapear?

Barcrest

Sounds like you set the number of covers to high in the cov file. Open it up in the skin tool and see how many covers it is set to.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Ashman

Created a new library.  No difference.

Number of covers set in COV file at 9 (meaning 10 visible), so that's ok.

It only happens when I first run E-touch.  If I go into the settings and re-load the skin, then they disappear and everything looks fine so I don't think it's the COV file.  Not sure what's causing it...

Here are screen shots of the skin tool on the Albums screen and E-touch running...

First in Skintool.  Everything looks ok...

But when I load E-touch, there are things behind the Album frames and I don't know why...

You can see one of them peaking out form behind the 1st album cover on the top, and two more peaking out from behind the 7th and 8th on the bottom.  They look to be extra frames of some random size, but I don't know why they're there.  The number of covers is set properly and they don't show up in the skin tool...

coffee

Yeap, that's a bug. I have reported this to Barry and I think he fixed it in the latest Beta release.
You will see when you select a diffirent library(audio, video or karaoke) it will dissapear and only popup again when you restart freebox.
So you don't need to worry about that, it is not the skin causing that.

Ashman

Ah ok.  I see what you meant by "try a different library".  I thought you meant a different library of songs...  ;)

Glad to know that it's not something that I'm doing though.

I'll just wait for the next "release" version and I'll try things out then.

Barcrest

Can you PM me a link to the skin? I can load it and see why it's not working and impliment a fix.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...