Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

5.00.32 Error

Started by leeclark2612, February 23, 2010, 10:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leeclark2612

Guys, has anyone else come across this error? If so, any idea what it is?

Error: 5
Invalid Procedure Call Or Argument
Form 1
get_tag_info

Cheers
Lee

coffee

Do you get this when starting up freebox or if you use a function when freebox is running or in the config?

Barcrest

get_tag_info is in the main app so it looks like it is trying to display information for a track and for some reson it's failing. It already checks if a track exists so it could be to do with the path if using the filename or the file is causing an issue with audiogenie.

More information is require as to how you are getting this error, the path to the file it's happening on etc.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

leeclark2612

The error occurs on startup and the ok button needs to be pressed twice. It differs slightly each time...

eg, I'll press ok twice then a few seconds later i'll have to press ok twice again.

It doesn't happen on every track, but happens on a lot of them and the only way around it is to skip onto the next song immediately after pressing OK twice to clear the error...it doesn't happen on any other version, i've tried rolling back to .30...it's only 5.00.32. Hope this helps...

Barcrest

Are you running on a fresh install?

Seems like a lot of problems have arisen from my decision to change the file format of the history files. I realise now I should have also changed the filenames so the olds ones would not be loaded and cause any issues.

Could you try this out on a fresh install, that is to say back up your program files\e-touch folder or rename it then do a fresh install and see if the problem is still there. Normally when there is problem only effecting a specific user it is to do with the install, be it using old files or corrupt DB's.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

leeclark2612

Barry,

I can confirm that this issue is related to RANDOM PLAY. The error only appears when i have random set up as follows:

use selected artists checked
weight on use selected artists 1
Wait between tracks - 0
do not repeat song for 21
do not repeat artist for 5

Also, the Add Top 10 Genres/Years/Artists buttons ALL cause an index out of bounds error...

I've turned off random play and all seems to be ok for now...

*edit*

Did a bit more playing and found that it only happens if 'use selected artists' is checked. If I use genres or just let it choose from 'Audio' it works fine...Has anyone else come across this?