Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Juke box image for Barry

Started by d78, February 24, 2010, 08:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d78

Hey Barry,

Here is a bigger version of the jukebox image I made the icons from. Thought you might want it for the start up splash screen.

Aussie-Adam

Nice !

The startup screen does look a little Windows 3.11-ish   ;D ;D

Barcrest

Quote from: Aussie-Adam on February 25, 2010, 11:24:06 AM
Nice !

The startup screen does look a little Windows 3.11-ish   ;D ;D

Hmmm Windows 3.11 For Workgroups.... I have an idea.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Sparky23

Barcrest

Yeah i have actually spent a couple of hours turning that image into an actual skin, not sure i will bother releasing it though it's only really of use with a mouse due to me using windows 3.11 scroll bars and their small size.

Jukebox Stats...

d78

looks like we have a new default skin for E-touch. ;)

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

Hmm well I dunno whether anyone is interested at all, but I had an idea for a splash screen.  I have just put something rough together:

Rob_Hendley

The idea was to have the E's look like the fittings on the old style jukes and have the "TOUCH" between them.

Some kind of metallic texture for the letters maybe

leeclark2612

I like the look of this very much! Maybe have it fullscreen instead of just a splash box...is it even possible to do that?

Rob_Hendley

Can put Bazza's name on it and all that caper - keep the software branded you know.  Would make it a little bit more easy on the eye at bootup though. 

Only problem is that the jukebox image might be copyrighted coz i ripped it straight off google image search

Barcrest

use a prog to make the xp boot up that image and make that image your wall paper and hide all icons on desktop and you will be close to what you want.

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

Yeah I tried to change the XP bootup screen, but apparently it wont work on all PCs.  Of specific importance is that it wont work on mine.

Apparently it is not compatible with all BIOS's

So Barry, I guess you are against a change of splash screen huh?

Barcrest

Quote from: Rob_Hendley on February 27, 2010, 10:01:05 AM
Yeah I tried to change the XP bootup screen, but apparently it wont work on all PCs.  Of specific importance is that it wont work on mine.

Apparently it is not compatible with all BIOS's

So Barry, I guess you are against a change of splash screen huh?

Nope not the bios splash screen.

The actual boot up screen that displays the Windows XP message witht he little progress bar. That can be changed on any PC. As for the splashscreen i am not against any change, i am just offering advice on other things to change.

Jukebox Stats...