Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album Not Showing Up

Started by DaDuber, July 05, 2007, 11:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaDuber

I have over 1,000 albums in a folder and they all work but 1. I do a search for it but it still doesn't show. I checked all the tags and they are good. Does anyone else have this problem? Any input would be appreciated

caesar

Hello,
   Yes, I'm experiencing the same thing. I only have a few hundred albums.  :( Thought maybe it was because half the albums have only one track. In addition, a couple albums don't name the artist only the album's name.
   Recently, I've added 2 album folders (each with 1 track) minutes apart, and 1 of the albums won't be reconized. Even went as far as rescanning the cover.jpg, recreating the folder & reloading the music track (It still doesn't get reconized). Also made sure I updated the complete music library.
   After manually editing a few hundered ID3 tags, I think I've got the typing part down pat.

What's next?
Thanks!

Woody

Guys,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble, in my experience with Freebox I had some problems along the way as well but I will tell you it is the best and I am sure you will agree after you get the bugs out and get it setup correctly. Here are a couple hints to help you with that. 

1) Keep cover and mp3 files for each artist in their own folder, avoid deep directory structure  eg:

c:/MP3/ARTIST/ALBUM/  cover.jpg    Make sure tagnames agree with directory structure (artist album)   
                                    song1.mp3
                                    song2.mp3

2) Freebox is very picky about the tags, they must all be correct. I have seen some wierd stuff if not 100%

3) Watch out for variable bit rate files, they look right but don't work.

4) Mp3 files with embedded art don't always work depending on art size.

5) Toggle the cover Filename option (Options/Appearence Settings)  from Folder Name to 1st Image Found.

I know it is time consuming to get you library cleaned up but it is well worth it. I hope this helps you to get it up and running.

Woody   

Barcrest

i have my cover art set to a specific name "cover.jpg" that way i can have back cover images etc in there...

Basically woody pretty much covered most of the issues you might encounter. Really you need to using the *LATEST* version to gaurentee less bugs. I will update the public version to a more stable/updated version on monday as well as release an updated private version.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

caesar

Hello!
   I'm pretty confident that I have the file/folder structure set up because +95% of the folders work properly.
The vari. bit-rate is something I may have overlooked.  :o
Thank You!

draginit

any of those albums WMA? my wma's wont list album name or artist name, and im pretty sure some are missing from the list.(oddly tho, SOME of my WMA's do work properly...wierd)otherwise  it throws thems all in front of the mp3's in freebox..im slowly replacing them with mp'3 as i find them.
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

kizer

As well do you have your MP3s tagged properly?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

caesar

Hello,
That was the problem!
The album folders had either a vari. bit rate file or a .wma file loaded (accidently ripped to .wma  >:(  )
All seems to working great once more!  ;D
Thanks To All !
;D  ;D  ;D