Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Runtime error 481, invalid picture

Started by jacktucky, July 08, 2007, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

so the queue.dat fixed it or the fresh install?  Sounds like it was a corrupt library. Were you using an old library from an older version? The public one perhaps? They are nto compatible. Anyway, glad you are up and running now.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

no, reinstall fixed it. ;D  I had regenerated the library as well before the queue.dat and it didn't resolve the problem.

=J

jacktucky

I got this error while playing around with another skin.  I was just clicking around, clicked on an album, and bomb.   Is there anyway I can figure out what's wrong with my images or whatever?

=J

jacktucky

here is what my folder looks like...

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Barcrest

well if all your covers are called folder.jpg i would use that in the freebox options rather than 1st cover found. Also the size of that jpg looks a little large. It won't cause the crash but will slow things down 320x320 is ideal. Also are you sure the image is a jpg. Some images have a jpg extension but are not jpg's the only way to be sure is back up the offending image then open it in something like M$ pain and saving it as a JPG.

Off the top of my head that is all i can think of right now.

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

I found a program that claims to test invalid jpeg's, it didn't report an error.

I deleted the png and am creating the library again.

=J

jacktucky

here is what I got when I tried to rebuild just on this directory.  I took out the jpeg and png and same error.

???

=J

Barcrest

That is because freebox expects more than one album....

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

Trying to give as much info as I can.  I figure this isn't your problem, but since I want to use your software  ;D

I found in tag and rename to remove the picture from the mp3.

Did that and now get this:

jacktucky

aah, more than one album.  it works.  OK, I have to figure out how to check 14000 songs for embedded cover art.....

=J

Barcrest

Dude, that is because you probably had a corrupt database from your first attempt. Delete and .REC and .CVR files and try again. Also you cannot build the library with only one album chuck a couple mopre in there. It is my problem because it isn't working and you are a user. I wan't you to be happy with the product and will try my best to get you up and running dude.

Ok you cracked it.

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

Barry:

I removed all of the embedded cover art, recreated the database.  I'm getting the invalid picture more and more.  So far I've been able to fix one by one by redownloading the cover art using Tag and Rename.  That's going to be a huge task for me. 

Is there no way to trap errors like this?  Just show no cover available?

The jpegs are OK in all other software.  I can't get anything to tell me that they are bad.

I can't really use the software until I find all the "Bad" covers.  When it crashes, no one will want to play, and  it also doesn't return the task bar, so I can't even shut the PC down from the touchscreen.

With all of your options and the rapid development you are doing, I need to be using freebox.  I just wish I could figure out what's wrong with my images.

Thanks

Art

Barcrest

The problem is the other apps are opening them regardless of the file extension. What it sounds like to me is that you have downloaded sovers and renamed them as jpg but they are infact PNG something simular. There is no way of telling from with in the software easilly without manually reading the file header. Can you not just do a batch conversion on all the covers using something IRFANVIEW to make sure they are valid JPG's.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Yeah, not to add grief to your problem jacktucky, but every one of my images are labled as cover.jpg and I do not have any mp3's with embeded album covers.
Everything works perfectly for me.

Personally I would make sure all images are stripped out of the mp3's and replace a cover or two at a time and make sure they work just incase what you have is well incorrect or currupt.

I normally use this program to find my covers. Oddly the link is down again, which is really weird.
http://kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/albumart-1_6_0.blog/

Worst case I can host it somewhere if it becomes hard to find.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

jacktucky

I dunno.  I converted one of the problem jpg's using irfanview.  I opened it up, clicked save as, chose JPG, said yes to overwrite.  Same error in freebox. :-\

=J